Is Watershed a concept album?

just listen to the songs when they're out, tada, you have the lyrics

I used to not care about they lyrics cause the music was so good. Then one day I was interested, Some of the growls I can distinguish but some I had no clue about. Once I find out what the lyrics really are then I can hear all the words. But your telling me you can understand all of them? If so then it would be sweet if you could post them after the album comes out if the are not on the booklet:p

lol who gives a shit about lyrics in death metal, i don't know hardly any of the lyrics to opeth's songs period. ffs i still hear the deadly badgers line as fucking deadly badgers EOS

Your missing out, and their not death metal lyrics.

Death metal lyrics: "Fuck this Fuck that I'm gonna kill everyone cause I am so pissed off."

Opeth lyrics:

Devoid of death
The aura poises amidst the storm
In solid tears I linger
A parlour glade, moonlit sorrow

Opeth's lyrics aren't the epitome of poetry, they certainly aren't as bad as typical Death Metal, but they aren't very deep either.

Can you give me an example of a band with better lyrics? I really would be interested, maybe I'm missing out on something I don't know about.

As far as I am concerned Opeth lyrics are brilliant.

ok, first off I'll just to the generic 'covering myself' thing by saying <3 opeth.
I'm musically retarded, Opeths lyrics are better than a lot of bands, but I still can't understand most of the growls (bar some of serenity painted death and a few lines of other songs), but after reading the lyrics suddenly it all makes so much more sense to me.
Vocals are cool, but for me they're only 1/4 of the music.

you guys are fucking retarded
Yeah, about 95% of us are :loco:

Personally, to me its Opeth's concept albums that do me in rather than thier lyrics. There are many, many, many band with far superior lyrics than Opeth, but Mikael is very good at creating a concept, lyrics for that concept, and then connect it with the music in a way that the riffs and solos tell the story as much as the growls and singing.

Opeth lyrics aren't unbelievable but in terms of metal bands Mike is a great lyricist imo. There aren't many metal bands with good lyrics; given a lot of them focus apon death, torture, mayhem, satan and gore. Most of the best metal bands focus upon topics with a lot more interest; well some of Opeths lyrical themes like nature, sickness, life, relationships I personally find a lot more engaging than the above.

Can you give me an example of a band with better lyrics? I really would be interested, maybe I'm missing out on something I don't know about.

As far as I am concerned Opeth lyrics are brilliant.

You are the reigning king of noobland. Holy christ i think i'm going to put you on ignore. Peace buddy.