What Do You Think Opeth's Next LP Should Sound Like?

Moonlapse said:
What's wrong with Bodom? :(

I just hope it sounds 'good'. The details are up to Opeth, as they ever were, and I'm sure they have a few aces up their sleeve.

Personally, I don't think mimicking (sp?) any band is the way to success. Bodom's formula in particular is rather limited in scope. There's only so much you can do with it. This is, of course, entirely a matter of opinion. I still throw on Hatebreeder or Something Wild once in a while, see how much of it I can stomach :p

Well they certainly are on different ends of the musical spectrum, and I meant the question sarcastically. Alot of people who like bands like Opeth can't stomach, or get bored by melodic death/pseudo-power metal bands like CoB. I love em though... they help me level up on my guitar skillz.

Well the question of "leveling up" on my guitar skills is kind of a dead point since I have none of said skills to begin with. I enjoy COB type of music sometimes, just as sometimes Opeth bores me to tears. Whatever you're in the mood for, man. Sometimes Hammerfall does it for me, what can I say?

IAmEternal said:
I enjoy COB type of music sometimes, just as sometimes Opeth bores me to tears.
Opeth gets boring. Damned if it didnt take a while, but it's true.

I don't find that any excuse to listen to CoB though :loco:

Alexi is a very talented guitarist, it's too bad all his stuff sounds the same...... they should really work on their new album because they've been remaking 'Something Wild" for a while now. They are all talented, except the drummer, so it would be cool if they made something unique, instead of Metallica with a keyboard.

As long as there isn't any Nu-metal associations then I'll be happy :loco:

Hope they make the songs nice and long, and there must be more growl than clean vocal, plus loads of cool riffs. :D

I think a majority of people want it to be pure grim evil, I'm not sure if that's grammaticly correct, but I want it to be fun and happy.......

There is nothing wrong with children of bodom, but the idea of opeth adopting their keyboard style....... :yuk:

ethereallights said:
Other than the fact they've been making albums that all sound the same for years...... they could do so much more......

They all sound the same yes. But they all sound fucking awesome.

If they did change then people would bitch that they sold out but if they dont then people will bitch that all their stuff is the same which makes them a sellout for producing music people want to hear. Make up your minds. :Spin:

haha besides threads about the new opeth album the other hot topic which appears in multiple threads is...bodom.

my take: i think they're fucking awesome. i don't care how many times certain people in here bash them. and yes, i believe alexi is an insane guitarist.

magicelf said:
They all sound the same yes. But they all sound fucking awesome.

If they did change then people would bitch that they sold out but if they dont then people will bitch that all their stuff is the same which makes them a sellout for producing music people want to hear. Make up your minds. :Spin:

They're one of those bands that I wouldn't mind seeing sell out...... I wouldn't want to see them make total mainstream music unless it was good.....and Bodom's pretty mainstream, it's like I said metallica with a keyboard.......