What Do You Think Opeth's Next LP Should Sound Like?

Flynn77

Reprisal
Jul 19, 2004
Fort Dodge, Iowa
If It wasn't for Orchid and Morningrise, I prolly wouldn't like Opeth as much as I do. MAYH was great as was Still Life, But I am still yearning for more of the Orchid/Morningrise Sound. I love the vibe on Both LP's and Hope to God that the new LP in 1st Quarter 2005 will resemble them. What do you expect from Opeth's New Lp? When I asy Ecpect I mean Everything from Track lengths to Album art and Theory not to mention the "Concept" of their New LP, meaning Will there be a story line to the Whole LP? Who knows...What do you Want Opeth's next release to sound like and what do you expect?

i want it to sound like a mix between madonna's 3rd album, cradle of filth's demo, and bluegrass.

actually, whatever mike writes, i'm sure will be awesome. i don't WANT it to sound like any predetermined thing, i just want it to be different/creative/awesome.

I want it to be whatever Mikael Akerfeldt wants it to be, and not what I want it to be, because I know that whatever Mikael will make will be better than what I can imagine.

Whatever they do, I hope they still retain the intelligence of their music, both with regards to the music and the lyrics. Beyond that I'm not really too picky about the sound of it. ;)

Flynn77 said:
If It wasn't for Orchid and Morningrise, I prolly wouldn't like Opeth as much as I do. MAYH was great as was Still Life, But I am still yearning for more of the Orchid/Morningrise Sound. I love the vibe on Both LP's and Hope to God that the new LP in 1st Quarter 2005 will resemble them....

unfortunately i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you--in the documentary segment on the lamentations dvd mikael talks about how he felt after they did morningrise that style had become kinda played out; he even says he can't listen to some of the parts on that album! i wouldn't worry though, i'm sure whatever they do next is gonna blow us all away :OMG:

Yeah, cthulufhtagn, I agree with ya. I hope it's straight up Death Metal, It will definately blow me away no matter what it is though lol. I bought a CD last month and it's seriously the best CD I have bought this year...which isn't saying much since most of the new releases this year...ummm SUCK ASS! But the band is called "Fragments of Unbecoming " and the CD is entiled "Skywards: A Sylphes Ascension Chapter II." If you havn't heard it yet I suggest you buy it. You won't regret it! :headbang: