Opeth - The Next Album

Damn it! I want to hear more GROWLS, more METAL, even more progressive!
At the moment i kind of hate every song on Opeth albums except for 1 or 2. E.g. the boring beginning of "Dirge Of November" or that "Deliverance, Deliverance, Deliverance" shit quite at the end of the song. And still Opeth is one of the best bands out of thousends of death bands i listened to.

I want Opeth sound more like Edge Of Sanity's Crimsons

Cortexon said:
At the moment i kind of hate every song on Opeth albums except for 1 or 2. E.g. the boring beginning of "Dirge Of November" or that "Deliverance, Deliverance, Deliverance" shit quite at the end of the song. And still Opeth is one of the best bands out of thousends of death bands i listened to.

eh?

Cortexon said:

hahaha wow, so basically you want opeth to be another band? that's cool, dude. just write mikael, i'm sure he'll get right to it.

Cortexon said:

There are many bands out there that will meet your needs. Look for them.

i wanted hear some rock n roll feel in to the sounds oyu know.. they do the metal and the acoustics and such but still a bit of a rock n roll sound you know like anathema.. but not toooooo mellow.. still keeping the death metal in there.. i dont know if im explaining myself here.

Oh christ, this thread has become a shitheap of people with their personal musical wishlists.

START YOUR OWN BAND AND DO WHAT YOU WANT.

drowssap said:
ummm, dummy, you didn't listen to what I said before. I said I have been listening
to death metal since 1987, or about the year you were born. Don't "get it?" I have "got it" longer than you ever had. I also know about dynamics as well. If fact ,the best band that I saw what Opeth does now is Cynic, who I saw open up for Cannibal Corpse. So you could say I kinda go back a ways.
Oh boy, I guess closed minded is still in vogue. That's why local bands have 10 people watching them with their arms crossed. I am only 1 man who had an opinion. I would respect you if you had one I didn't agree with. How about trying to respect someone else's?

Either way, Opeth isn't going to give a shit about your opinion.

O_P_E_T_H said:
I'm interested to find out what exactly people are wanting to hear on the next Opeth album. It would be quite sad if in ten years time they are looked apon as Metallica are today. Metallica believe it or not were once reveered as Opeth are today. So what direction will they go?

I don't know about u guys, but i really wouldn't mind (after a heavy album that is...) another mellow album. I think Damnation is AMAZING.

T3hLep4rAffinity said:
Either way, Opeth isn't going to give a shit about your opinion.

even though you were trying to flame me, you are exactly right! I just posted my opinon that's all. Many people post theirs, but I guess mine hit a nerve. Oh well, fuck you who don't approve.