According to IGN, the final track listing has been revealed

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
According to IGN, the final track listing has been revealed for the upcoming PS2/Xbox 360 video game "Guitar Hero II", due on November 7. Totaling 40 tunes in all, spread over eight difficulty levels, the new game seems to have an even wider range of rock-oriented music than the first time out. From GUNS N' ROSES to the POLICE to DICK DALE, "Guitar Hero II" runs the gamut of rock.

"Guitar Hero II" track listing (sorted by difficulty level):

1. Opening Licks

MÖTLEY CRÜE - Shout at the Devil
DANZIG - Mother
CHEAP TRICK - Surrender
WOLFMOTHER - Woman
SPINAL TAP - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

2. Amp-Warmers

KISS - Strutter
NIRVANA - Heart-Shaped Box
POLICE - Message in a Bottle
VAN HALEN - You Really Got Me
KANSAS - Carry on Wayward Son

3. String-Snappers

FOO FIGHTERS - Monkey Wrench
ALICE IN CHAINS - Them Bones
IGGY POP AND THE STOOGES - Search and Destroy
PRETENDERS - Tattooed Love Boys
BLACK SABBATH - War Pigs

4. Thrash and Burn

WARRANT - Cherry Pie
BUTTHOLE SURFERS - Who Was in My Room Last Night
MATHEW SWEET - Girlfriend
ROLLING STONES - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
GUNS N' ROSES - Sweet Child O' Mine

5. Return of the Shred

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - Killing in the Name Of
PRIMUS - John the Fisherman
SWORD - Freya
THIN LIZZY - Bad Reputation
AEROSMTIH - Last Child

6. Relentless Riffs

HEART - Crazy on You
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS - Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart
STRAY CATS - Rock This Town
ALLMAN BROTHERS - Jessica
JANE'S ADDICTION - Stop

7. Furious Fretwork

ANTHRAX - Madhouse
LIVING END - Carry Me Home
LAMB OF GOD - Laid to Rest
REVEREND HORTON HEAT - Psychobilly Freakout
RUSH - YYZ

8. Face-Melters

AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Beast and the Harlot
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Institutionalized
DICK DALE - Misirlou
MEGADETH - Hangar 18
LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Free Bird

rawk

THE sword present here (I believe there's another band called just "sword") is part of that new group of "retro metal" bands, who present an image of ernest ROCKING OUT, and bringing back the almighty doom of yesteryear, but in actuality are just corporate-backed pop drivel.

Though I am quite impressed by that list! I have not tried guitar hero but I have a feeling it's loads of fun

the following are what have made me decide to purchase this game:

DANZIG - Mother
SPINAL TAP - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
ALICE IN CHAINS - Them Bones
BLACK SABBATH - War Pigs
WARRANT - Cherry Pie
PRIMUS - John the Fisherman
THIN LIZZY - Bad Reputation
ANTHRAX - Madhouse
RUSH - YYZ
MEGADETH - Hangar 18

I dread playing freebird.... 7 minutes + of the same shit over and over

Chromatose said:
THE sword present here (I believe there's another band called just "sword") is part of that new group of "retro metal" bands, who present an image of ernest ROCKING OUT, and bringing back the almighty doom of yesteryear, but in actuality are just corporate-backed pop drivel.
yep. the sword has awesome riffs though, so i forgive them.

but it doesn't help anyone become better a guitarist
if you will be able all those songs with the solos on a real guitar the tempos they are on cds it will do more good for your overall playing than a video game.
especially hangar 18

you can acomplish that in a more productive way (for the eye hand coordination), learning to sight-read.
and for your muscles and timing nothing beats the scales and the 1-2-3-4 exercise with the metronome

why the fuck are rage against the machine under return of the shred and the cherry pie song under thrash and burn? what? also the first guitar hero was pretty cool, if i had a ps2 i'd probably check this game out.

There's already enough shitty guitar players in the world. This is playing a game, don't convince them to play faggy ass music in it's stead.

So next time I go to the arcade and play house of the dead, I suppose it would be for the best to buy a real gun and go shooting real things? AWESOME

hey idiot, the game is made to be a game, not help you learn the guitar, or help improve your guitar skills, all it is is a fucking game.

does dance dance revolution help people dance? does counter-strike help swat team members sharpen their tactics? does super mario brothers help teach people the ropes of becoming a plumber?

chill the fuck out with your elite guitar playing mombo jombo, the game is fun for people who play, and people who dont play, except max, because he is handiapped to all video games made after 1994 :(

Chromatose said:
There's already enough shitty guitar players in the world. This is playing a game, don't convince them to play faggy ass music in it's stead.

So next time I go to the arcade and play house of the dead, I suppose it would be for the best to buy a real gun and go shooting real things? AWESOME

shoot real zombies