AcmeBarGig KNUCKLE HEAD Released Here

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
knuckleheadscreen.jpg

OK, so here's amp number 3 from the Classic Hybrid line!

Knuckle Head (you see where we're going with these names?) is a bad boy bruiser with a sweet and soft side that it's not afraid to show! While this amp wouldn't think twice about assaulting your ears with decimating tone (DSP JOKE! :p)it can also churn out some sweet, soothing chimes for the softer-side of things - and don't think it's scared to get raunchy either!

Knuckle Head is Capable of kicking out tones that range from sweet, glistening cleans to SRV and Yardbirds style smokin' hot crunch right through to punishing high gain destruction - Knuckle Head does it all with style!

Here's what Ken has to say about Knuckle Head!:

'Knuckle head is the brute force amp of the collection. His poweramp is the main tone maker, it gives you a raunchy heavy distortion or a nice crunchy yardbirds type tone. Although it is capable of all the sounds in between. I have only ever been able to get this distorted sound from a real amp and no other amp sim has ever been abe to give me the raunchy sort of distorted high mid that this one does. With mid cranked, Treble master cranked, bass 3/4, Treble off, master 1/4 everything else cranked, it will give you a superb machine gun type of fast picking while riding a string, like picking the e string really fast while palm muting.'

He's damn right about the palm muting, this thing feels absolutely perfect for chugging style riffs and will have your right hand chugging up and down like there's no tomorrow, in fact, you probably haven't had this much fun chugging like this since you were 15 and had the house to yourself for a night...

So, if you haven't got Dick Head and Meat Head already, go get them (now!!) and round off the trio! Check back tomorrow to come one sim closer to completing the collection!

Bear in mind the Preampus Line amps are HEAD ONLY, you will NEED to use some external cabinet modeling, we highly recommend LePou's LeCab, which you can grab here: http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/07/lecab-v10.html

Download Knuckle Head at http://www.acmebargig.com/knucklehead/

DISCLAIMER:
There are a number of real world amps that make use of the term 'Knuckle Head' - AcmeBarGig's Preampus Knuckle Head is in no way related to any of these amps, it is not a tonal copy in any way of any amp that might bear the term Knuckle Head, nor is it in any way affiliated with any manufacturer of amps that bear the term.

Well now if we took the time to organize ourselves we'd only be able to release 5 heads this week and 6 next week....crap thats what we're doing...so no not a chance right now ahj

:)
km

btw, any chances to get the products menu at acmebargig website a bit better organized, with like subtitles like "Guitar amplifiers" etc?

Onto it dude, I noticed a while back just how huge our collection was getting, it's hard to find the time too, but it's coming along don't worry!

Just got done with some new headers, couple more to go, then reorganising the structure, checking the code of all the pages and should be all organised properly by the weekend I'd say!

Glad everyone's digging these releases by the way! - Pecker Head is out now: http://www.acmebargig.com/peckerhead/

Yeah, I think the knuckle is great for metal.
But here`s a clip I made with the Razor head from the upcoming metal head series. It also has a boost amp, but you can shape the sound better than with the treblemaster.
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1018681/razorhead.mp3

EDIT:Sorry for the double post , just saw that there is already a thread for the metal line.
Nice, very Panterish :p (Pantera-like)

The first one I posted was double tracked in drop D tuning, I tried it with drop C tuning and quadtracking, the sound changed quite drastically...

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1338211/knucklehead_meathead_test_dropC.mp3

This one sounds quite good too. What are the settings?

WOW! Very cool guys, all these amps can be used for high gain, although some are better than others. The quad tracked version is quite different. Just a development question that I'm curious about...Have you guys noticed any difference in regards to how these amps sit in the mix, like do you find that you are not having to crank volumes to get them so that they are not being drowned out by cymbals and such, like that you can have them at a lower volume level yet still hear them in the mix?

DA WOLF What did you think of the Series 60, that one has been getting some rave reviews from the other testers, and I'm thinking of incorporating some of its "CUT Through" technology into the other heads in this line..
KM

This one sounds quite good too. What are the settings?

Feel free to use them on your advertisement as long as you mention my name and host it yourself.

Knucklehead:

Gain: 53.755
Bass: 32.39
Mid: 28.351
Treble: 4.163
Power: 12.94
Master: 25.42

Treblemaster
Base hz: 362
Level: MAX

Meathead:

Dirty channel

Gain: 34.978
Level: 4.145
Bass: 0.685
Treble: 0.320
Cut: 0.512
Master: 1.581

Treblemaster

Base: 618 hz
Level: MAX

WOW! Very cool guys, all these amps can be used for high gain, although some are better than others. The quad tracked version is quite different. Just a development question that I'm curious about...Have you guys noticed any difference in regards to how these amps sit in the mix, like do you find that you are not having to crank volumes to get them so that they are not being drowned out by cymbals and such, like that you can have them at a lower volume level yet still hear them in the mix?

DA WOLF What did you think of the Series 60, that one has been getting some rave reviews from the other testers, and I'm thinking of incorporating some of its "CUT Through" technology into the other heads in this line..
KM

The 60 reminds me a bit of a Sansamp psa or an amp with a foot pedal in front. It will have it`s fans and is probably a good choice for industrial etc.
But the razor is my fave. Here`s the preset btw: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1018681/Opposed1.Raz
I like it best when the drive amp is in the Cyan setting. What do those settings actually do ? f.e the magenta has more attack and green smoothes it out, but what does happen internally ?

The drive colors are actually based on RGB values, yes real color values. They enable filters depending on what colour is selected. these filters shape the distortion by changing the frequency shape that goes into the drive section of the AMP. Some are drastic effects with high gain, some are not. You'll notice that at lower gain some some make a change and sone don't as well. All of them will change the feel and mood of the sound though. There is also one put in there specifically to enhance sustain for soloing, that is Green.

KM

Anything.Amps,effects. I downloaded that knob maker program and learned it. It crashes sometimes, but better than doing everything by hand. The drive amp knobs took me a couple of hours, with that program I could have done them in 20 minutes.

Thanks for keeping on releasing these great plugins! I have to try this knuckle head out tonight, but I gotta tell you that razor-clip sounded really cool,
and can't wait to get my hands on that! Any info on when will you unleash it?