AcmeBarGig MR. TATER HEAD released here

ScottRiley

New Metal Member
May 4, 2009
Liverpool, UK
www.acmebargig.com
tamlagui.jpg

Mr. Tater Head is the last amp from our Preampus Classic Hybrid line, and it's up to you to decide whether we've saved the best for last!

Tater Head is another amp very much rooted in it's Classic Rock roots, not that it won't kick out the gain, it just prefers to be sitting in that 'Vintage Crunch' territory that a lot of the amps from this line do.

Probably the most interesting feature of Mr. Tater is the 3 different gain controls it has - separate controls for Bass Gain, Mid Gain and Treble Gain, as well as the standard Bass, Mid and Treble controls on it's tone stack.

These extra gain controls mean you can really get in to shaping the sound of the saturation, it takes some tweaking, but you can get some really unique tones through altering the overall gain control and the 3 extra gain knobs.

Here at AcmeBarGig we can sometimes find ourselves wishing we had an extra day in the week to get stuff done and, while 7 days of Preampus Week has now came and gone, we thought we'd finish the Classic Hybrid line off with one more amp, I guess we just don't dig odd numbers, or something weird like that.

Anyway, download Tater, and see if you can fit it in somewhere with the other Preampus Miscreants we've supplied you with over the past week and a bit, we're sure there's a place for it in the lineup!

Download Tater Head here:
http://www.acmebargig.com/taterhead/

Bear in mind the Classic Hybrid amps are HEAD ONLY, you will NEED to use some external cabinet modeling, we highly recommend LePou's LeCab, which you can grab here:
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/07/lecab-v10.html

I remember giving all the heads a little try (man, that sentence was gay) but I always got very fizzy and overgained tones. I know I suck at this kind of plugins because I am a beginner but I think a user guide might show us some light. I remember reading somewhere you were planning on doing so, aren't you?

Yep thats right...the Treble master starts driving the amp at about 1/4..Also you'll want to make sure that tyou adjust your master volume to not drive the cabinets as well. Yes Jacare is making manuals, and the good news is the rest of the metal line all come with Manuals, Videos, presets, and other stuff..Starting wit the new C-15. I will be so happy to get all these heads done so we can make our all in one softwares...

km