AcmeBarGig Pecker Head Released here

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
tamlagui.jpg

So, time for the 7th release of Preampus Week, and today we bring you Pecker Head!

Pecker Head is a vintage crunch machine inspired by the likes of Ritchie Blackmore - perfect for thick, saturated riffs and crunching power chords, this amp can DEFINITELY pack a punch!

Engage the Treble Master and you're deep into Classic Rock territory, crank the gain and you're pushing out huge tone, roll the gain and your guitar's volume back a little and you can get a great warm lead tone.

While all the Classic Hybrid amps are designed to take you back to the Classic Rock era, where pentatonic riffs and over the top extended solos were king, Pecker Head might just be the truest to this Classic Rock sound,.

Download, plug in, and tear it up - and remember, never be ashamed of your Pecker!
add Pecker to your repertoire of Classic Hybrid amps, by now you should have a pretty impressive collection, and if you haven't already got the other 6 characters that make up this lineup, where have you been all week?! - Go get them now, there's Dick Head, Meat Head, Knuckle Head, Brain 2, Gimme Head and Tamla Head to keep you entertained and sonically pleased for a LONG time, even though it's nearly over, we still want you to get into the spirit of Preampus Week, we've had a blast getting these guys out to you and we just hope that you can enjoy them as much as we think you will!

Get Pecker Head Here
http://www.acmebargig.com/peckerhead/

Bear in mind the Classic Hybrid amps are HEAD ONLY, you will NEED to use some external cabinet modeling, we highly recommend LePou's LeCab, which you can grab here:
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/07/lecab-v10.html

You're welcome man...There is one more Classic Hybrid to go...Preampus Mr Tater Head, then we are releasing the metal Line..
KM

Hey thanks so much for these great heads :kickass:
.. there was a post a while ago where you (acme bar gig) asked for suggestions on future products. I couldn't find that thread but thought I would post an idea for you here...Could it be possible to build a stand alone app that had say 5 amp racks where you could load your favorite acme heads into it with an IR cab for each rack and have that be switchable from one rack to another Via a Midi Foot controller plugged into a interface? That way I could load up different head & preset combos and potentially use it in a live situation like a multi amp set up ...And Possibly allow support for all VST plugs so you could throw your favorite EQ, Comp, or Verb in the chain....not sure if this is possible or not just had this idea while switching/trying out your heads in my DAW...

If this makes no sense at all please disregard ...THANKS:headbang:

Hey thanks so much for these great heads :kickass:
.. there was a post a while ago where you (acme bar gig) asked for suggestions on future products. I couldn't find that thread but thought I would post an idea for you here...Could it be possible to build a stand alone app that had say 5 amp racks where you could load your favorite acme heads into it with an IR cab for each rack and have that be switchable from one rack to another Via a Midi Foot controller plugged into a interface? That way I could load up different head & preset combos and potentially use it in a live situation like a multi amp set up ...And Possibly allow support for all VST plugs so you could throw your favorite EQ, Comp, or Verb in the chain....not sure if this is possible or not just had this idea while switching/trying out your heads in my DAW...

If this makes no sense at all please disregard ...THANKS:headbang:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/519801-update-about-acmebargig-gestalt.html

It's called Head Case and they're doing exactly as you described. :)

Man i love it when you guys answer your own questions. and there is another head on the horizon that will do that as well.
it is a single head that will contain the components of up to 20 ABG heads. You can then Mix and match them . Its called FrankenAMP. It will also have some of the features from the new DIG which is called The SOD.

So say you want a Marshall JCM 800 Gain stage, but are not happy with the bottom end going into that gain stage...Simply adjust the input crossover to allow more bass in. Now you can add say a 59 Bassman tonestack, but you don't like where the low end sits on the bass knob...adjust the tonestack crossover to where you want it. Still not enough gain, do the equivalent of liquifying your tubes by adjusting their heat to the temperature of the sun times 100. The power amp not powerful enough, make it 10,000 watts...simple eh? Make your own amp!

KM

WOW Unicorn thanks for doing that!! I never heard these heads side by side like that before. You can hear all the similarities in the distortion , but the big difference I think is in the compression, or in some cases lack of. The decay of Tamls was amazing..I never notices how fast it ramps up and drops off..Very cool and thanks
KM