Acoustic show videos

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
Since we have to make you wait for the Rain video a bit longer, we thought we'd give you a few songs from the acoustic show in Antwerp Belgium in November 2007.

THEY WERE LEFT TO DIE

SILENT TOMORROW

LEAVING THIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, much better quality than my videos

edit :
You're right, i can hear a woman shouting.
Did they ruin the recording so much, that there won't be a song on the DVD ?

Just saw the 3 songs, They were left to die is my favourite.

THX for sharing them

Great, much better quality than my videos

edit :
You're right, i can hear a woman shouting.
Did they ruin the recording so much, that there won't be a song on the DVD ?

Just saw the 3 songs, They were left to die is my favourite.

THX for sharing them

We chose not to include any of this show on the DVD. A few reasons actually. We plan on recording a proper acoustic set in the future, and releasing that DVD later. We had a lot of technical issues at this club, as it's a small bar, with a very small, and subpar sound system. There were no stage monitors at all so the house speakers facing the crowd only heard the vocals. It made it difficult for us to hear ourselves, and each other singing, so at times we're off from one another. This video also has the couple fighting in the background. Pretty damn rude, but that's what you get in a bar room setting. And finally, the quality is just not good enough to release. After 2 days of growling, and the terrible chest cold I was suffering from, my voice was far from on point.

Bottom line, when we will offer you guys the acoustic show, it will kick ass. We don't believe in giving the fans something not up to our potential.

We would love to play Philly, and I'm sure it will happen sometime, but for the acoustic show, I'm pretty certain we'll keep that fairly local, to do something special for the home town fans, as well as family and friends who would want to witness that as well.

We would love to play Philly, and I'm sure it will happen sometime, but for the acoustic show, I'm pretty certain we'll keep that fairly local, to do something special for the home town fans, as well as family and friends who would want to witness that as well.

I completely understand! I hope you get the local support you deserve, since it doesn't seem like you often do...

Great seeing (parts of) that accoustic set again. :heh:
Oh, and to whoever filmed this: thanks for filming my bald spot :erk:

If you have an acoustic set where the microphones are only on you guys, how does the audience get recorded too, having fights? Or were they on very high sensitivity?

If you have an acoustic set where the microphones are only on you guys, how does the audience get recorded too, having fights? Or were they on very high sensitivity?

We didn't pro record the acoustic show. A friend of mine filmed the set using his camcorder, and he stood in the back. The couple fighting was close to him.

Also, when you pro record a show, as our DVD show at the Biebob, we also had microphones in above the crowd, to record them as well. All pretty standard stuff.

Oh and they were left to die turned out quite nicely in my opinion, and silent tomorrow is beautiful as always.

Really glad you enjoyed the acoustic songs. We were pleasantly surprised at how well "They Were Left To Die" translated onto the acoustic guitar. I think if we do that song again like that, it'll be even more properly honed, as it was done rather last-minute for that Antwerp show.

An acoustic version of "Novella..." eh? Hmmm, I dunno how we'd translate that one, with all the fast triplet picking on the verses and stuff! We'd probably have to rethink the approach of that song on guitars to make it really work well on acoustic. It's not out of the question I suppose! Even songs like "Autumn Reflection" we found out needed to be re-thought to be played well on acoustics. The way we played it at the Antwerp show wasn't satisfactory to us, so now if we do it acoustic, we play it slightly different, in a way that's more suitable. Perhaps that version will be released sometime, maybe ;-)