Acoustic Gig

The Amorphis song that Thurisaz did was "My Kantele", and it sounded awesome. I think they did a great job at the show, I really enjoyed hearing them acoustically.

We had a great time at all the shows, but the acoustic one in particular wound up being quite fun for me. The day started off a bit crazy and hectic but I was extremely pleased with the response that we received from the crowd. Honestly, we were nervous about how it would all go down, and I think we started out the set a bit tentatively, but as we loosened up, it got progressively better. It will be quite a memorable experience for me, and I hope also for some of the other people in attendance as well.

As for posting video clips.......for the moment I would probably prefer that noone post anything just yet, as I am not 100% sure as to what the plans are regarding this for us. Paul and Chris are still in Europe right now, visiting friends and such, and will be home soon. Once Paul is home we'll figure it all out. I'm sure something can be worked out so that you guys can at least get some snippets of the show ;)

Now, if enough people in the U.S. actually cared, perhaps we'd consider doing the acoustic show just one more time Stateside......hmmm.

Well, meaning that we'd love to do something like this again as long as it would draw a good crowd and not like, twenty people or something, haha. Plus, one thing I loved about the acoustic show in Antwerp was the fact that the crowd were quiet and actually listened to the music. Knowing how the crowds in the U.S. tend to be, I'm wary of how that'd go down here. Anyone yells out Opeth songtitles or some other stupid shit at us and I'm going to throw a fucking brick at them. Seriously. lol.

I'll give $2 to the "November's Doom walk outside and play an acoustic guitar on their front lawn" fund. That would qualify as a tour and would literally cost nothing to pull off. :)

hey, I read it. at least I got the memo that they don't want joking about opeth at concerts BEFORE this potential show. i didn't know that they didn't want that kind of shit at shows before. I heckle Nevermore whenever I see them and I'm friends with Warrel and Jeff. We've been over this. lol

Well, meaning that we'd love to do something like this again as long as it would draw a good crowd and not like, twenty people or something, haha. Plus, one thing I loved about the acoustic show in Antwerp was the fact that the crowd were quiet and actually listened to the music. Knowing how the crowds in the U.S. tend to be, I'm wary of how that'd go down here. Anyone yells out Opeth songtitles or some other stupid shit at us and I'm going to throw a fucking brick at them. Seriously. lol.

I was a bit disappointed with the number of people attending the show in Antwerp.
You had +400 people for the Biebob-show, and approx 60 people attending the acoustic show. I bought my entrance in pre-sale with 3 other people, but when entering the venue, i saw that only 10 people were on the presale list.
But anyhow, as you mentioned, we were quit and were listening. This in contradiction with, when you were playing Silent Tomorrow in the Biebob. There was a lot of talking during the "silent" parts of the song.
In September i went to Candlemass in Holland (Dynamo).
I was surprised that people on the 3th row were continiously talking to eachother and even not facing the band. I believe that Belgians, in general, have more respect for a band that's doing a show. We are also more reserved, meaning that you have to earn the applause of the audience. I've said in general, i'm sure the Dutch-forum members were focused on your performance.

Hey everyone. Im currently still sitting in Brugge, Belgium, checking in from my iPhone. Thanks to everyone who came to the acoustic show. Keep in mind, when you say you were disappointed with 60 people, the club only holds 100, and the Biebob didn't want "competition" for the DVD show, so the acoustic show was not promoted as aggressively. The club promoter did thank us saying De Rots did VERY well that night. It was a special moment for us, and was quite intimate, and the crowd was perfect for me. All 3 shows we did out here were amazing, and the crowds were so respectful to us, I couldn't imagine a DVD show or the acoustic gig anywhere else.

We're considering an acoustic show in the states, but the venue needs to fit the atmosphere. We're just unsure about it, as some of the people here can be jagoffs, thinking they're being funny, and yelling stupid shit. It's always the guys who consider themselves our "buddies" who do it, and truth is, our true friends know better.

Larry, we'll hire Nick to be security for the show, and police the big mouths. LOL

I would love to see you guys play an acoustic show, it would be fantastic, and if it ever does happen here... Make sure its not at a 21+ venue! I've missed much too much this year due to that :(

It might sound odd to some, but we really wanted the acoustic show to be smaller like it was, so that was fine with us. I'm pretty sure we could've booked a bigger venue and promoted it more aggressively and drawn more people, but we wanted it to be low-key and not compete with the Biebob show, as Paul said. Honestly if we'd have packed any more people into De Rots, that place would've been a shambles haha It was the perfect size and everything for what we wanted. I'm just glad that the people who attended seemed to overall be happy with it.

And yeah, if I had my buddy Nick act as security, that'd definitely help matters haha.....it'd wind up being the ND version of Altamont, eek!