Powerfest is in a week

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Well, not much talk about Powerfest, so I figured I would start this thread....

First off.........who's going to be there?

Secondly, and I know bands hate this, but what are your predictions / wishlists?

Here is mine:

ACOUSTIC SET:
Silent Tomorrow
Autumn Reflection
Awaken
Twilight Innocence

ELECTRIC:
Rain
Empathy's Greed
Dark World Burden
Harmony Divine
Forever With Unopened Eye
Drown The Inland Mere
The Pale Haunt Departure

Will,
I literally think it's you, Bob (Diabolik), and I, as far as the regulars go....

Maybe Rachel (Shadowlioness), and Jose (Saladbar).

Where is Dan (Danimal), Ken (Metalprof), etc, etc........?

The girlfriend's coming along for the 3rd year in a row. We broke up for 10 months or so. I think she just wants Powerfest to stay in her life. :tickled:

So you ARE going this year? I thought you were doing the doom fest thing.

Yes, I will be at Powerfest on Saturday only.
I was considering Templars of Doom.
The main draws at that for me were Gates of Slumber and Hounds of Hasselvander.
Well, since that was announced, I already have seen GOS one time this year, plus Pentagram is NOW playing Chicago.

Most importantly, TWO ND performances in ONE night, and the chance to see them play acoustic.
It would take a lot to miss that.

Sorry you are playing on Friday. I just can't justify coming that night.
With the kids, etc, I am pretty selective when it comes to leaving the fam at home to head to gigs.
Actually, every single year of Powerfest, I have only gone to one night.

(The biggest regret then was missing Solitude in 07)

I'll be there all three nights. I was thinking of maybe going to see Star Trek on Friday night if there is a theater near the Pearl Room if anyone is down. Don't know if I want to see it for sure yet, because I really don't like the original series.

The original series fucking owns you, so go see the new one. If you can watch Megalodon 3, you can deal with ST, sheesh. LOL

I will be there for all three nights. I want to see Primordial again especially, and I wouldn't mind seeing BLS again, and I definitely want to check out the Euro bands on Fri. and Sat.

Well, not much talk about Powerfest, so I figured I would start this thread....

First off.........who's going to be there?

Secondly, and I know bands hate this, but what are your predictions / wishlists?

Here is mine:

ACOUSTIC SET:
Silent Tomorrow
Autumn Reflection
Awaken
Twilight Innocence

ELECTRIC:
Rain
Empathy's Greed
Dark World Burden
Harmony Divine
Forever With Unopened Eye
Drown The Inland Mere
The Pale Haunt Departure

Well I won't give anything away but it's safe to say that you guessed quite a few of those tunes right. But still no cigar!

"Awaken" as an acoustic number eh? Interesting I never would've thought of that one, actually.

I could see Awaken being done acoustic.
I think it would sound killer with Paul's softer vocals on it.

Though, you guys wrote the tune, so would obviously know better if it would translate well acoustically.

Sorry you are playing on Friday. I just can't justify coming that night.
With the kids, etc, I am pretty selective when it comes to leaving the fam at home to head to gigs.
Actually, every single year of Powerfest, I have only gone to one night.

(The biggest regret then was missing Solitude in 07)

It's cool. I don't blame you. I'll definitely see you on Saturday, though. Major :lol:'s at you for missing Solitude, too

I was actually set on coming that Friday night of Powerfest 2007. My wife's family decided that morning to come into Chicago from out of town. Couldn't really blow them off two nights in a row. Novembers Doom and Saturnus won over seeing Solitude. (Which still hurts, as ALONE is an amazing disc!)

Not going - getting married in 15 days. All money is being funnelled towards the trip to FL for the wedding. ND is pretty much the only band I'd want to see (love BLS, but wouldn't want to deal with the crowd).

I'm even putting off Queensryche that same weekend, so concerts are just going to have to wait until the summer.

Having seen the band at Alehorn II a few years ago and watching the DVD, I know you'll kick some ass like usual!

My wedding day is a blur. If you asked me I would swear the entire thing only lasted maybe an hour, that's what it felt like.

It's probably a blur for certain other people too (Paul I'm looking in your direction pal, lol) who drank a ridiculous amount of wine ;-)

Will,
I literally think it's you, Bob (Diabolik), and I, as far as the regulars go....

Maybe Rachel (Shadowlioness), and Jose (Saladbar).

Where is Dan (Danimal), Ken (Metalprof), etc, etc........?

I will be there all three days.

I believe Jose will be there for Fri/Sat, but I'll be seeing him tomorrow so I'll find out for sure.

Amber (MetalSpice) will be there Fri. and Sat.

As far as Dan, last I knew he did book a room for the fest.

Haven't heard from Ken. :(