Acquired a radio station, suggestions?

Necuratul said:
Hey Deron, why don't you create Ultimate Metal Radio? You like...run Ultimate Metal. And you can have guest users host the show once in a while and play whatever they want. UM has a huge userbase, so if you market it that way, I don't see how you can't get 100 people. You can thank me through PayPal. My e-mail is in my profile.

I've thought about it, and may still at some point. There's a lot of logistics/cost crap involved in doing this, I wish it were as easy as just "doing it." I don't want it to be half baked, and I want it to be worth tuning into from more than a music standpoint.

The main immediate benefit of starting with Progged Radio is, it's iTunes listed, and it's more targeted audience wise. There's such a mix here at UM that it will take more planning to make it work well.

I happen to like playlist oriented radio in a similar format to what Black Metal Radio does, except with actual updates once in a while. It's nice to be able to catch up on episodes whenever, and skip songs you already know and stuff. I don't see a need for a DJ if you do a graphic with the appropriate info and stuff.

MetalAges said:
Heya,

So...I've acquired a friend of mine's radio station. It used to max out his 100 listener cap until he scaled down and went to a set playlist (no requests, etc.) now it doesn't get but around 13-16 people.

The format will be prog, metal, power, etc. (I know, I know, sorry to your doomers/blackheads!).

When it comes to online radio, what do you all look for most besides good tunes? Anything you miss, would like to see, either on the actual web site or in the feed itself?

What also are some of the stations you currently listen to and go back to a lot ?

Looking for feedback while I am brainstorming how I want to do this. Thanks!

For about a month a couple of years back when the stereo broke and pre-mp3 player, I used www.totalrock.com on line. One of the coolest bits about it was a little java chat applet that allowed listeners to chat (and the dj's hung out in there too, which made it easy to call them cock suckers for playing Def Leppard on a thrash show).:kickass:

Necuratul said:
Hey Deron, why don't you create Ultimate Metal Radio? You like...run Ultimate Metal. And you can have guest users host the show once in a while and play whatever they want. UM has a huge userbase, so if you market it that way, I don't see how you can't get 100 people. You can thank me through PayPal. My e-mail is in my profile.

that would be fucking awesome

does Al Bundy even come around here even more?

I'm sure Deron would have like some screening process of the show/"guest host" beforehand or something.

heh...V5s show would be half brutal death metal, half noise/ambient stuff

Haha unknown! Hm, nah I like plenty of stuff you wouldn't expect me to...right now my show would probably be like this (not in order):

-Raunchy - Live The Myth (catchy and fun metalcore)
-Disarmonia Mundi - Celestial Furnace (catchy and fun melo-death)
-Anata - Downward Spiral Into Madness (badass tech death)
-Woundeep - Color Of Betrayal (brutal as fuck death metal)
-Children Of Maani - Tiphareth... And Beams Of Malchuth - After The Five Ones (nicely melodic, epic black metal)
-Ahlzagailzehguh - Catatonic Rigidity/Lockdown (side B of Black Destination two-tape set; essential noise)
-Disgorge (Mex) - Urethrive Decortico-Xanthomatose Muco Gestated Scaffolds (just overtly ridiculous brutal goregrind insanity)
-Navicon Torture Technologies - Self-Eviscerating Concepts (pulsating power electronics/dark ambient)
-Ichorous - Gaping Headwound (of course I have to pimp my own stuff...heh)
-Brian Eno - Lizard Point (quiet, serene, ambient wrap up to a trilogy of electronic music and to the show in general)

Ahhh, THAT'D BE AWESOME!

Carcassian said:
Al Bundy = consuming Impulse.
orlybush9cq.jpg