Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

Thanks, Drifter. If it didn't take a week's worth of military style planning for me to get down the bloody street, I'd travel for this too. Maiden haven't played Adelaide since May 4th, 1985 (check the inside of your Live After Death CD booklet if you don't believe me), so I think we deserve a show of our own after 22 years.

W

Wrathy, just posted this on the Lord forum in response to 'The Amazer's' disappointment:

I'll travel. I didn't in '92, thinking they'd be back soon enough and here I am 15 years later still waiting so I'll make the trek but.....

....a Syd/Bris/Mel tour I could have handled but a Perth fuck Adelaide, fly to SydMel/Bris is a kick in the guts. (No offence to Perth)

I've emailed the promoter (and suggest you do the same) and am awaiting a reply.

http://www.dcegroup.com/index/contact.shtml

I'm sure I'll get a logistical, venue, cost, profit etc reply but bloody hell we sold out Sabbath (admittingly in a 2-2500) venue at $130 a pop in 2 days so surely Maiden could easily surpass that.

Sorry to rain on the parade...

Carry on with pant explosion and creaming of leg innards :headbang:

Dan, Incarnate, Priest of Evil post on here and are all from SA. There are also one or two others. Pass it on to others you know. Email the promoter!

I'm sure we are wasting our time but......
Aye cheers matey!
Posts aways, fires me a barrage of emails, starboard side

Ah, so it's the first seven albums rather than just Powerslave/Somewhere in Time/Seventh Son, according to that poster. Interesting...

Methinks I'll do the whole tour if, after checking flights and such, I can afford it. If I wasn't going to the NRL grand final I'd be able to, but I'm not sure now. I flew to the other side of the world for two shows, so surely I can fly over to Perth for the start of this one? Or perhaps I'll just do Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Hmm.

Hmm.

Hmm, just did a check on Webjet and went with just the earliest flights for each day - approximately $900 just for flights. Hmm, maybe I'll skip Perth.

And it will cost $300 more if I just do Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Riiiiiiight.

Oh, wait, it left the Perth flights in there. Stupid Webjet, let's try Expedia instead.

Oh, for pity's sake, Expedia doesn't do multiple destinations on domestic flights. IDIOTS. OK, let's just try Virgin instead. No, wait, I can't find the multiple trips option. Screw this, let's go back to Webjet.

Ooh, nice, $333 for Brisbane-Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane. A pity I have to actually go to Melbourne and Sydney, but it is Maiden. Niiiice.

Hmm, what about accommodation? Dare I slum it and stay in a hostel? Perhaps.

I already know that I'll be wearing jeans and my "I spent Christmas with Eddie at Earl's Court" shirt to the shows, so I don't really need to take any luggage. Perhaps I could just sleep in Lifeline bins. Hmm...

I just let a little wee out...I wanna go to this worse than you needed that last shit you had :D

I WILL afford it, but it is if I can actually get a ticket, because I bet this will sell out quick smart and in a hurray, and what with having to work all the time and everything, I never get near the net till night time...might have to annoy one of you lot to purchase me a ticket if that is cool, lets give it a week to see how shit works out

I'm very much pumped for this. Very much pumped indeed. My pants aren't brown like the Amazer's probably are, but I'm pumped nonetheless.

There are decents gaps between the shows, which are either there because they're old men, or because they want to keep dates spare for extra shows. The latter would mean that the likes of Spiff might not have to travel too far to see them 3 times. I'll go to however many shows they play in Melbourne and wouldn't rule out Sydney or Brisbane if need be.

Tickets available at 9am on Thursday September 27.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/iron-maiden-to-tour/2007/09/06/1188783382197.html

dont panic guys, have a look at the date, holes between all the gigs so far. Think there might be added shows needed

W00t! :D

hompage.jpg

I might need to find someone to purchase my ticket for me, just so I don't miss out, will keep you informed....Spiff and Tonci, I am looking at you pair :p

And just to explain myself, I have no internet at work, and neither does the mrs, I am a ticketek member, so I can get access to presale 2 days before, but I am willing to bet those tickets will sell out before I get home on the first day to buy one, like I say, I will keep you informed I AM NOT MISSING THIS FUCKING SHOW!!

I can buy tickets for ya buddy.

So for the fan club thing its 25 pounds you get first access to the tickets? I think this is a worth while investment, especially for getting tickets to the sydney and melb show as well.

I've signed up for the fan club last night but haven't heard anything from them yet, no email confirmation or anything except for my transaction thingy on my credit card. Hopefully I hear something before the FC pre-sale.

Just in case I can persuade anyone to give a toss, here's a copy of the email I've sent to the jumped-up local rag that doubles as Adelaide's major newspaper.

W

Hi folks:

Unhip and untrendy as they may be, I'm trying to stir up support for a
concert in Adelaide when Iron Maiden visit Australia next February as part
of their "Somewhere Back In Time Tour."

The dates for shows elsewhere in Australia are as follows:

Monday 4th, Burswood Dome, Perth
Wednesday 6th, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Saturday 9th, Acer Arena, Sydney
Tuesday 12th, Entertainment Centre, Brisbane

Iron Maiden haven't played in Adelaide since May 4th, 1985, and I think we
deserve a show of our own after waiting more than 22 years. If Black Sabbath managed to sell out their recent Thebarton Theatre show in two days with zero promotion or publicity, there's no reason why a band with Maiden's reputation can't do the same or better.

I have emailed the promoter (Paul Dainty) with my concerns and hope you
might be able to help organise a petition or some sort of pressure campaign
to bring them here. If this were Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguelira or one of
that lot I'm sure you'd be all over it, so can I rely on you to get behind
this and give Adelaide's Maiden fans some much-needed support?

Best wishes, thanks in advance for any help and up the Irons!

I've signed up for the fan club last night but haven't heard anything from them yet, no email confirmation or anything except for my transaction thingy on my credit card. Hopefully I hear something before the FC pre-sale.

Does it include access to the online FC? If so, pre-sale details are typically posted in the forum.