AD converters Fireface 400 vs Babyface

Inseminator

Mar 15, 2010
Hi guys,
I've just appeared babyface by RME. I wonder if that has some AD converters as his bigger brother fireface 400?
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_babyface.php

And the 2. question - I currently use M-audio fast track pro, do u think AD converters by RME will be noticable better? Is it worth to buy this rme babyface?

thanks,
I.

boy you ask me questions :)

thing is I owned a fast track pro and the pres are shit compared to...and the DA sight is also shit compared to....

....is mackie onyx 1640 or digi 003.

The fast track pro is ok for the money it costs, but I´m 99,999% sure that an rme babyface or apogee duet will be a MAJOR step up.
If you have solid monitors and a ok room you will notice the quality difference immediately.
As far as I know the apogee duet is mac only....the rme is ok with both windows and mac

they on the other hand are totaly shit compared to a apogee ensemble or a metric halo...(some body swear on the fireface 800 too.)

yep buddy, thanks a lot for your time,
last question - my budget is tight, so I've done some research about cheaper cards on this forum and heard about konnekt 24d, will that be the step up too? do u know that stuff? I heard it has very good convertors and pres.

and btw, thanks for ur notice about apogee, I run on windows:)

bump:)
As I said yesterday, I consider buying Konnekt 24d - does someone know, if the AD converters are good, or comparable with converters in babyface, or apogee?
thx

dont mean to hijack but does anyone know when the babyface will be out? need an interface asap!

I have a Konnekt 8, which is basically the same as the 24d but with less I/O options. I have never compared it directly with the Duet, but there were some comparisons on gearslutz.com in which the difference to me seemed totally neglectable. The only beef I have with the Konnekt8 is that input into the AD section only takes a fairly low level, which leaves me unable to drive the output transformer of my outboard pre, but the AD quality itself is great.
But I thinkt that you will be able to produce a great record with either interface, whether it is RME, Apogee or TC Electronics.

bump:)
As I said yesterday, I consider buying Konnekt 24d - does someone know, if the AD converters are good, or comparable with converters in babyface, or apogee?
thx