AD INFERNA "Trance 'n Dance" - REVIEWS

http://www.myspace.com/defiancemagazine

Ad Inferna - Sexual Music for Sexual Mass E.P

Ad Inferna are a French electronica/industrial outfit that stand out from the rest being light hearted with their E.P "Sexual music for sexual mass"

This 4 track E.P is a sample of things to come with their new album being released on 29th September.

With a combination of the fun side of electronica and the toe tapping guitars on "Sexual Music for Sexual Mass" it's certainly one to appeal to a more broader audience outside the industrial community.

It's catchy, it's heavy, it's light, it's hypnotising infact it's so many things rolled into one that you can not put these guys into one genre. And with a mixture of French and English lyrics it will keep us guessing even more. And this to me makes this band all the more interesting.

My only wish I guess that in some way the EP was longer and with their cover of "Fade to Grey" which you can check out on their Myspace. But it's done the job as I can't wait to check out their new album soon

J'adore Ad Inferna!!!! (that's French incase ya didn't know!)

You can buy "Sexual Music for Sexual Masses" on iTunes

You can also grab their new album "Trance n Dance" on September 29th.

http://www.cyber-angels.nl/InterviewAdInferna.html

So who are Ad Inferna?

Voa: Ad Inferna is born in 1996, after a thousand mistakes in line-up, musical directions and label troubles, we did finally released “L’Empire des Sens” in 2002, first at Last Episode, and then in Silverdust. We have made a big break since we didn’t composed anything from 2003 to 2008, we were fed up by the musical atmosphere and we have been very disappointed by the financial behaviors, the political aspects which were flying on the dark wave. We decided to work once again with Ad Inferna in 2008, then we have composed an EP, called Metamorphose, available only on the web, and afterward, Trance:N:dance, that is available in pre-order from today!

VVA : We simply are friends who like to transform feelings into music and words.

How did you come up with the band name?

VoA: from our thoughts, we are always thinking that life is a combination between high and low. When you reach the high level, be sure that you will reach the lower point quickly after then.

VVA: yes, I think we’re positive people but life inexorably seems to lead us in depths: that’s why this is a good name for us ;-)

How do your personal lives influence your music and how does your music influence your personal lives?

VoA: Since Ad Inferna is the soundtrack of my life, I could say that our lives is just a big movie, and someone has decided that some persons in that world will make music to adorn the scenes of each human. That’s why music can be so personal sometimes.

VVA : I sometimes live, die, love, hate, scream or cry in this virtual but so real world. Ad Inferna changed my life cause we’re the actor of this fantastic and terrible movie… What a schizophrenic life ;-)
AdInferna1.jpg

Many bands attribute an artist as an influence in their musical creativity. Who has helped mold you into the artist you are today?

VoA: Hard question. We have played a lot of different styles before, and we are born with a “black-metal” title over our name although we have always follow our own way, mixing many kinds of musical styles. Then, cite an artist as influence is quite complicated… Maybe some guys like Vasi Vallis has helped a lot in quality of “sound model and power efficiency” and some others bands we like but not a particular band… Anyway for me!!!

VVA: I think bands like Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim, Depeche Mode & Pink Floyd have made what I’m today from a musical point of view… but when I’m writing lyrics and singing, I forget all this things and let the dark or sad part of myself goes : I concentrate myself only on the musical feelings.

Your releasing your new album "Trance:N:Dance" in September, are people excited to hear the new record after so long?

VoA: I guess so, and I hope so far!

VVA : We’ve received a lot of requests to make this second album after all the years. At the very beginning, our public was surprised of the tones that we use nowadays. But they have very well reacted and that’s great! I think, the best feedback we have now is the positive response of the Djs all over the word!! We hope "Trance:N:Dance" will please to all those who are waiting for it ;-)

How will Trance:N:Dance differ from your debut "L’Empire des Sens"?

VoA: if you keep in mind the musical direction, of course, it’s a quite different album from “L’Empire des Sens”, even if some kind of passages will bring you 8 years in the past. It was a debut album, and we have made a lot of mistakes. I think Trance:N:Dance is a real concrete and leads album where we have played and composed any things we want to make, from dancefloor to harsh, from black metal to EBM… We came back with those words in mind: “nothing to lose, so make everything you want!”.

VVA : "L’Empire des Sens" is a Dark Metal album I like a lot : the difference between both is that we’ve evolved… and the music we want to play now is not the same. We want to be honest with ourselves and with those who love our music: that’s why we put in every songs a part of us. Each album we’ve done are different and the one who is going to succeed “Trance:N:Dance” is gonna be very special and unique too ! A perpetual musical evolution ;-)
What is the meaning behind the title "Trance:N:Dance"?

VVA : I wanted to give a signification as this album at the same time mystical and spellbinding. That the notion of dance and energy is also observable directly in its pronunciation. To come back in trance by listening and dancing on our album to attain the upper level of spirituality? What a happiness for us to see it in a club filled with 1000 persons! ;-)
AdInferna2.jpg

You are not keen on being type cast into one specific genre, why is this?

VVA : when Orias & me are working on a new production it’s not because we’ve to do this… it’s only because we feel it inside of us. Most of the time, it’s for the difficult periods when our inspiration comes. We can’t create anything when we’re happy ;-)
When you want to put your troubles, your suffering in music, it is difficult to us to station in the single type.
A track full of hatred will be able to turn to a style more EBM or Metal and a hopelessly sad song will more require to the synth-pop or the gothic genre. We want to be free and do what we want!!! No style, no genre… only ourselves ;-)
Your based in France and your label is Italian, how did this happen?

VoA: if I well remember, we never signed with a French label so far, don’t really know the reason why, maybe our music is better felt on other countries haha! More seriously, Aural Music was very reactive with us, and we did want to close the signature fact very quickly. It’s a rising label, they have a lot of bands and a lot of possibilities, and again, they have been very rapid to give us their feedback. We didn’t want to wait too long without any record company, that’s why we have chosen to make them confidence.

Do you feel it's important for the music to speak for itself?

VVA : Absolutely ! I think that we succeeded in putting in each of our melodies and texts of feelings, instants of our lives, part of love & sex & hate & death also and it’s a happiness for us when all that is understood without that explanations: I think that it is the dream of every artist to be completely understood in the simple listening of its music!
Hope to find one day somebody who knows me only by having read and heard Ad ;-)

Is it important for your to have a certain presence in your music?

VVA : It’s one of the most important thing for us… to exist through our music. We do not make that to compose songs: we go much more further than that. I do not know if it suffers as long as it does but every note, every word is scooped out from our soul. That’s why Ad Inferna has so much importance: because Ad Inferna is not a simple passion, it is simply us.

AdInferna3.jpg

Do you feel it's important to have a feeling or an emotion behind your music?

VVA : So important! Sometimes, I like to compare our musical world with that of a movie soundtrack… Because it’s the soundtrack of our own lives. To miss all feelings that we’re injecting into our songs would be sad : that’s the goal all of our work !
How do you find the right balance within your musical elements, such as electronics and guitars?

VoA: I composed all the tracks with a keyboard, I don’t compose with only guitar anymore. So, after a lot of listening, we judge if we add guitars or not. Many bands do the contrary I guess, but it’s not my way to compose afterward. I don’t know if it’s the right balance, a lot of persons (moreover our ex fans) will find that we don’t have put enough metal elements, and some other ones will tell us that guitars are too much presents over the album… It’s so difficult to make everything happy since this is not our main purpose, otherwise you become crazy I think…
VVA: I like a lot this way of thinking. The most important thing is not our ego or our arrogance: this is the music and that we like it finally. If it’s necessary to forget guitar or vocal parts, we will do that !

Are you guys going to be doing a tour to support "Trance:N:Dance"?

VoA: It’s a probability, even if it’s not in our imminent projects so far… but yes, probably!

VVA : perhaps some festivals and dates for "Trance:N:Dance"… we’re thinking to go on tour with the next album ;-)

Do you prefer touring or being in the studio?

VoA: Since I still don’t really know what is touring… studio… we don’t have toured so much with Ad Inferna, even at our debuts when we have only performed something like 20 dates.

Any last words for our readers?

VoA: Thank you so much for your kind support, Trance:N:Dance is available in pre order here:
http://www.auralwebstore.com/store/product.php?id_product=389

VVA : thanks a lot for all, Acid and Cyberangels ;-) Hope you’ll like our job and support our band. You can contact us on our myspace : www.myspace.com/adinferna & don’t forget, we’re playing “Sexual Music for Sexual Mass” !!!

www.adinferna.com

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Ad_Inferna-nom_album-Trance_N_Dance-l-en.html

14 / 20
  • Nastasia, le Tuesday 15 September 2009
Too much metal lo label it electronica, too much synths to claim it’s metal. The new Ad Infera album Trance:N:dance is hard to define, much like the band in general.

Starting with a famous Visage song cover Fade to Grey, the album could pass for a collection of the best electronic beats and industrial metal put together. None the less, the result is sometimes bright like an electric shock, but also... fading to gray.

Waiting for the long, meaningful, philosophical lyrics would be slightly naïve (yes, only slightly) in the genre which takes stock mainly in psychedelic tunes and trying to make your heart beat in the beats of the songs… and dance. But spoken parts aren’t missing, maybe there are even more than of other bands of this genre, and what I really appreciate is a variety of languages used. Although I ashamedly confess I don’t understand much, the atmosphere made by vocals, again clear voices as well as harsh male and female ones, together with the beats and fugitive, catchy guitars.

The album consists only of three clearly new songs (four, if you take covers into account), the other nine are songs previously released by the bands or remixes of the new ones. But I’m not telling the band didn’t do any work! The band gave Fade to Grey a brand new and fresh tinge and changed old into, well, still old, but with a new chic, without a grain of salacity, so associated with 80’s hits, but with a tons of futuristic salacity.

Métamorphose, one of the “old” ones, and much heavier than an intro song, is personally my favourite of the album. This one is most close to industrial metal from the dozen of the songs, even though the hard, heavy parts are balanced by very smooth feminine vocals in the second part.

The next, much more in English and much less whoopeeing, is Rédemption. Mellowness is something you wouldn’t look for here for a long time. Again, back veiled female vocals give the song smoothness, but the classic, vivid contrast between the female and male parts is something I quite miss there.

Next, not new is SM for SM. What the hell is SM? All I can tell for sure is that it isn’t sado-masochism. Okay, S stands for sexual (or sensual?), but what about M? Mass? Men? Yeah, probably. And every time it’s different. But my inability to understand isn’t what it is about. As I said, the stress is laid on the rhythms and impressionability, and in this respect this is the most precious track of the album. It will catch you and you will be mourning SM for SM, whatever it is, all day long.

Suicide Girl, as a name of a song, is a glaring cliché as regards to all the “dark” genres. Despite the English name, the whole song is in French. This one is also much more melodic thank the rest of the album, probably thanks to the choral sounding back vocals and more female vocals in general.

To wake up after a dose of delicacy, there is Transcender l’Extase, sounding like a mix of old-school house and industrial metal with a batch of gothic and symphonic elements. Not bad, but a little weak compared to the other 11 tracks. Well, to 10 to be honest, because the following Verige is pretty much the same case, only with less energy and more rounded sound.

You as my Own Drug really reminds me of some LAM works, with the difference that this one is pretty random and less dynamic. The changes during the song appeal too unnaturally to me, and even though it gives the track gradation, there is still something that doesn’t fit in or is missing.

Tantara! Here we come to the remixed part of the album, disposed by “fixed stars” of the industrial genres. Vertige remix by Beborn Beton sounds more tensely when curtailment of all the furbelows and the same song remixed by Combichrist sound much more… Combichrist. And according to the quality of the band, there’s nothing to complain about it. Transcender l’Extase rebuilt by Soman sounds pretty kick-ass and would fit into some dance club pretty well. And the last one, Rédemption – Reaper Bum Bum remix will scream a hole to your head, at least after listening to the previour eleven songs. Leaving clear parts clear and amplifying the aggressive parts was a great idea that added the song a contrast I missed and is a great drop-scene.

So what is a verdict? After waiting to some French version of Blutengel it was quite nice surprise. The male vocal changed as well as the female from regular spoken word to creepy voices, nevertheless in my view, it wouldn’t impress a fan of “regular” metal genres but to those with a weakness for electronic sounds and gothic influences I can only recommend as a nice and sometimes even maybe interesting listen. True electronic sexual music for attached sexual mass.

http://www.darkentries.be/nl/cds/?cdid=1303

Trance :N: Dance

EBM • Gothic • Industrial • Metal
star.png
star.png
star.png
star.png
star.png
star.png
stargrey.png
stargrey.png
stargrey.png
stargrey.png
Dreamcell11
20/09/2009, Paul Van de gehuchte
Voor de eerste cd van Ad Inferna (voorheen De Profundis) moeten we terug naar 2002. ‘L’Empire Des Sens’ viel toen nog te catalogeren onder de noemer symfonische black metal. Hetzelfde jaar nog werd het gezelschap ontbonden om zich zes jaar later opnieuw te herenigen. De titel van hun tweede album laat al vermoeden dat er op muzikaal vlak een en ander is veranderd. Uiteraard vallen er nog heel wat metal invloeden te bespeuren. Toch leunt Ad Inferna nu veel dichter aan bij EBM, industrial en gothic metal. Met een cover van Visage’s ‘Fade To Grey’ bekent men al meteen kleur. De overige zeven nummers voeren je mee naar een duistere, angstige en mystieke wereld waar de dansvloer centraal staat en de adrenaline in grote hoeveelheden vrijkomt. Beste tracks zijn ‘You As My Own Drug’, ‘Vertige’ en ‘Redemption’ De plaat bevat ook nog vier remixes van respectievelijk Beborn Beton, Combichrist, Soman en Reaper.

http://www.eutk.net/album.aspx/11105/9265/

7/10

A sette anni di distanza dal debutto, “L’Empire Des Sens”, tornano i francesi Ad Inferna. Non conosco il precedente album, ma mi dicono che fosse un album dedito al black metal sinfonico.
Nel 2009 con “Trance ‘N Dance” gli Ad Inferna giocano a mischiare le carte, anzi a cambiarle totalmente. Il disco in questione è un disco elettronico, a metà tra l’EBM e certe derive che i più duri e puri tra i metallari non faticherebbero a definire “truzze”, e, anche se la band cita il metal tra le proprie influenze, le uniche tracce rinvenibili rimandano a certa oscurità propria di generi come il dark e il gothic.
Al di là di queste precisazioni, e al di là del fatto che è chiaro come il sole che questo disco nulla ha a che vedere con il metal, bisogna ammettere che i francesi ci sanno fare, avendo un immaginario lirico e concettuale decisamente affascinante, questo sì affine al metal, trattando di erotismo e occultismo, con atmosfere morbose, quasi lussuriose.
“Mètamorphose” ci dà le coordinate giuste per comprendere la musica degli Ad Inferna, un pezzo ritmato, con tastiere in primo piano, ma senza disdegnare chitarre fredde, sulle quali duettano due voci, una pulita e marziale e l’altra con uno screaming cupo e gracchiante.
Il disco è piacevole, anche se sulla lunga distanza perde un po’ di colpi, divenendo a tratti noioso, riacquistati solo nel finale, dove grazie a dei remix sembra che il sound si incattivisca un pochino e migri verso lidi più industrial/techno. Ottima da questo punto di vista la conclusiva “Rèdemption”.
Fuor di metafora e per evitare qualsiasi fraintendimento se non amate la musica ballabile, oscura o meno non fa differenza, state lontani da questo disco. Se invece siete di gusti più vari e di mentalità più aperta alle novità, allora potreste trovare spunti validi in “Trance ‘N Dance”.
Per quel che mi riguarda avrei preferito qualcosa di più duro e cattivo, ma per il resto va bene così.

http://www.aoid.at

Today we present you a very special interview. It’s the interview with Ad Inferna ‘bout their upcoming album Trance:N:dance! This interview was “live” (via msn).

Mozes: so...hi

VVA: Hello

VoA: Hey

Mozes: Good, so.. You two are the main members of Ad Inferna?

VoA: Yep! Me on guitars / keyboards / electronics and VVA at main vocals.

Mozes: Do you have any other projects before AD? Or do you have also currently running some side projects?

VVA: Actually, we're only in Ad Inferna ‘cause this band has to stay a priority for us. But we were on different bands before. I was singing in a french black metal band called Seth.

VoA: And about myself, I ran into Kin and Vindiris Chimeras along with De Profundis before Ad Inferna.

Mozes: Yes, you mentioned these bands on your MySpace profil. Well, so it's not your first band, did you know how Ad inferna will develop in its style or did your music style came up after some tries?

VVA: We’re creating the music we like and we put in each words & songs ourselves. That's why our style of music is changing on each album.

VoA: Yep, and about the evolution... we have begun Ad Inferna into the black metal scene, but we have always included some electronics stuffs, and that's naturally 7 years after than we have really find our way with our actual style. A real combination of power, energy and overdrive (thanx soman).

VVA: Musical barriers no longer exist for us: we do only what we want.

Mozes: So... your next album will be Trance:N: Dance.. do have, like some other artists, any special "story" the album takes you through or should every song be listened for itself?

VVA: Trance:N: dance is the story of our life ! The main subject is the suffering we have in ourselves and that is linked to various failures in love.....

Songs like Suicide Girl or Redemption are good exemples.

VoA: Yes, and that's why we have decided to introduce the album by the Visage's cover titled "Fade to Grey"... It's as well the meaning of our name by the way. Ad Inferna is a kind of "fade to grey" on other words. And "TranceNdance" shows it aspect all songs long.

Mozes: Well... I wanted to ask if you could describe this by some examples, since most of our readers are from Austria/Germany and so on, so I think some of them will have a problem with understanding your lyrics. So, what’s the thing about Suicide Girl?

VVA: It's about being destroyed forever by lies, treason and carries with it an undying hatred that leads to death.

Mozes: Sounds very poetic ....

VVA: Yes, poetic and terribly tragic. Ad Inferna reflects our dark side.

VoA: You know, when we compose a song, we are always very close, as VVA writes all lyrics and concept. Then, at the very beginning, we have a concept, a kind of image which will draw the album perfectly. Then, I compose all the music following those images. Afterward, the lyrics and the vocals come to adorn and finish the songs... it's a kind of perpetual circle.

VVA: In "Redemption" is a request to pardon the beloved after too many mistakes ... redemption so difficult to give ....

[Ad Inferna 2008 - Make-up by Ellie - pic by Gwenperoratriz [Photography]]

Mozes: Ah, ok, but, am I wrong, or are there also other band members? In which way are they involved in this circle of creating music?

VoA: No you're right, there is VNA who is a big part of the band, as he performs the drums when we did recorded its for TranceNdance, and he takes care about the composition as well. The other members are just "guests".

VVA: The composition of music and text is the alchemy between VoA and me: the other members are present for records only and for the lives soon.

Mozes: So "just" for live gigs and so on?

VoA: They don't create anything in Ad Inferna, except the adornments and the final touches, like Asphodel with her vocals. VNA gives his opinions and helps us to find some directions when we are blocked. He is also the drummer and he is very important for us. And about gigs, yes, VNA will perform gigs with Ad Inferna of course, and I think he is a bit excited by this idea by the way!

Mozes: Ah cool, so the main core of AD inferna is VoA and you completed by VNA....

VVA: Exactly.

VoA: Yep!

Mozes: Ok good.

VoA: Ok thanx bybye ahah (joke)

VVA: lol

Mozes: lol... Ok well you said he is excited... so you haven't played any gigs in the past with him?

VVA: For my part, I've never played live with Ad Inferna.

VoA: yes, we have played some gigs with him, but not for TranceNdance, and this album, even if it doesn't sound like, is very "drum rich" and very difficult to play on drums, because it's quite "dancefloor" and those kind of rythms are not so easy to perform! The last Ad Inferna's gigs were in 2000!

Mozes: Ok, that’s too long ago, you definetly have to play soon! So VVA, since when are you part of AD inferna?

VVA: I left Seth in 2001 to join Ad Inferna.

Mozes: Ah, so VoA, you founded AD, and VVA joined after some time?

VVA: VoA contact me to ask me if I want to sing on "l'Empire des Sens".....

VoA: Yep! I founded Ad over 1998, VVA joins us in 2001, but before his coming, Ad Inferna wasn't Ad Inferna. I don't dare to speak about ex members.

VVA: It's was clear for me that I've to join Ad Inferna!!!

.. ..

Mozes: Well, let’s forget the past and talk ‘bout the future... do you plan some gigs in Austria? Or: in which countries will you be playing in the next time?

VoA: Following the demands we have! If we asked us to play in a great big festival like WGT or something like that, we will be present!

VVA: We'll think about it seriously. Perhaps some festival for "Trance:N:dance" and a tour for the album after .

Mozes: Ah ok, so one of your goals is the WGT?

VoA: One of our goal is moreover to release some good stuffs actually, but yes, it's a kind of purpose indeed, as TranceNdance is a dancer catalyst, and we would really like to see a million people dancing behind us!! (Girls moreover eheh)

Mozes: Of course

VVA: Yeah That's Ad Inferna Spirit!!!

Mozes: Ok, so we now know: AD's core is formed by the two of you, your style is indefinable and you want to see people (moreover girls) shaking... but somewhere you have to get the inspiration or?

VVA: Yes, I think that groups like Colony 5, Frozen Plasma had to influence us a bit but it's always difficult to answer this question. It is rather for you to tell us...

Mozes: Yeah... maybe I asked it wrong... sorry... its not like "how do you want to sound like?" ... more the "where do you get the idea to sound how you sound?"

VoA: Let’s say that we are all some deep fans of bands like Depeche Mode or Pink Floyds of course. Nowadays, personnaly I am very opened in musical styles, and even if I prefer some bands between others, I can't really cite a band... If I had to cite a song, actually it should be "Amnesia" of Mind in a Box! But it's not a right inspiration, maybe a kind of thought for my own music!

VVA: It's the music that we're listening for years that is synthesized and which is reflected in our songs. For my part, in words, only our feelings guide me to write.

The best for us is to have the chance to work with band like Soman, Combichrist, Reaper, Beborn Betorn ‘cause we really like their job!

Mozes: They also did a remix on your album....

VoA: Yes, indeed, they are a kind of inspiration, not for their pure music, but for their work and finishing arts and yes, they are all contributing to TranceNdance!

VVA: Good musicians and.... really nice guys too!!! That's so important for us.

Mozes: So, you keep the contact to other countries and their bands as well... cool....

VVA: Yes, we're in contact with Vasi (Frozen Plasma) and Kolja (Soman). They'll work on our next productions.

Mozes: Cool, what are your next productions? The next album or some live tracks?

VVA: The first one will probably be an EP with all the "Trance : N : dance" songs remixed by ourselves on KLUB version ... we've planned to released it on march or april 2010 ..... and our next album for september or october 2010. All is recorded !!!! Just take the time to get the best production I can tell you that we'll try to burn the dance floors!!!

Mozes: Uh, that’s a fine promise...I'll remind you

VVA: Yes and Kolja (Soman) will do the mastering of the EP & Vasi (Frozen P.) is mixing, mastering & the producer of our next album.

VoA: Plus some guests remixing some songs on the next EP

Mozes: Well, I wish you all the best for your future projects^^....

VoA: thanx Mozes ....

VVA: Thanks a lot for your support... we need it!

Mozes: you're welcome! Of course, my favourite question: what do you want to tell our readers as a "good bye" for this time?

VVA: I hope all the boyz and girlz who'll listen to Ad Inferna will dance on it !!! That’s the goal of our job.

VoA: I would like to tell everybody: "PLEASE LISTEN TO OUR TRACKS well, too many peoples has negative thoughts about us following our past and our previous album which has more "metal". We have evolved, that's why we are back in the scene, and that's why we do collaborate with some great talented bands actually, so let yourself judge our music by a real listenning session, and not over dirty people". Thanx a million Mozes, you're welcome for everything on Ad Inferna.

Interview by Mozes http://www.aoid.at/

http://www.hardsounds.it/PUBLIC/recensione.php?id=5549

77/100

Gli Ad Inferna sono un gruppo francese al secondo album: dopo il debut 'L'Empire Des Sens' targato 2002, siamo qui a parlarvi, ben sette anni dopo, del secondo platter 'Trance 'n Dance'.

Il combo transalpino colpisce l'ascoltatore con un EBM potente, ritmato e coinvolgente come sanno fare i grandi interpreti del genere, senza però rinunciare ad alcune particolarità (vedi i cori) che riescono a differenziare la proposta del quintetto dagli altri cd del panorama EBM.

Il risultato è quindi un prodotto composto da sette nuove tracce, una cover dei Visage (la conosciutissima "Fade Ton Grey") e da quattro remix eseguiti da artisti blasonati. Tirandole somme possiamo dire di essere di fronte ad un platter interessante, che raggiunge appieno il suo scopo (far muovere il fondoschiena) colpendo però l'ascoltatore con una composizione dei brani interessante e non banale.

In definitiva 'Trance 'n Dance' è un album che vale assolutamente la pena di acquistare, ma che non raggiunge votazioni più elevate perchè a mio parere sette canzoni sono un po' pochine, anche se l'aggiunta delle altre tracce è da rimarcare positivamente.

Balla e muori con gli Ad Inferna

http://metal.de/cdreviews.php4?was=review&id=13288

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]AD INFERNA - Trance 'N Dance[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Industrial Metal
Label/Kontakt: Dreamcell11
12 Songs (54:41)
Webseite: www.myspace.com/adinferna

adin_tran.jpg
Hm. Irgendwo hatte ich den Namen AD INFERNA schon mal gehört...
Nach langem Herumkramen in sämtlichen Hinterstübchen fiel es mir dann doch ein – 2002 veröffentlichten die Franzosen ein Black Metal-Album namens “L’Empire Des Sens“. Umso verwunderlicher ist also ihr neuester Output “Trance ’N Dance“ sieben Jahre später – hierbei handelt es sich nämlich um eine schwer fassbare Mixtur aus Electro, Industrial und Metal.

Das erste Stück “Fade To Grey“ (für die Jüngeren unter den Lesern: ein Cover des 1981er Welthits von VISAGE) beginnt elektronisch, fast technoid und zeigt gleich, worauf das Album entsprechend des Titels u.a. abzielt – die Tanzbarkeit. Die Lyrics sind zunächst auf Englisch, dies wird dann aber zwischendurch von Französisch abgelöst (welches auch die dominierende Sprache auf der Platte ist). Überraschend, dass die männlichen Vocals gegen Ende des Songs in Black Metal- Manier aus den Boxen tönen. Dies ist ein weiteres Charakteristikum von “Trance ’N Dance“: der männliche Gesang wechselt zwischen clean und verzerrt-kreischig. Teils gibt es auch weibliche Vocals, die meist aber eher im Hintergrund stehen.

Bei dem darauffolgenden Track “Métamorphose“ sind die Metal-Einflüsse stärker zu hören: Gitarrenriffs gemischt mit Elektronik werden dem Hörer um die Ohren gehauen; und dies ist wirklich gelungen, da die einzelnen Elemente schön zusammen passen, weder die Gitarren noch die Beats wirken hier deplatziert und man bewegt sich auch glücklicherweise nicht in Richtung prolligen Industrial-Rock.
“Redemption“ gefällt mir besonders – hier kommt das “Trance“-Element meiner Meinung nach stärker zum Tragen, aber nicht Trance im Sinne von Techno; das Stück transportiert stattdessen eine mystische, aber dennoch kraftvolle Atmosphäre, was durch die weiblichen Hintergrundchöre unterstützt wird.
Die weiteren Songs (insgesamt sind es zwölf auf dem Album, darunter vier Remixe) führen fort, womit die ersten drei begannen – teils härter, teils feiner und atmosphärischer. “SM For SM“ ist ziemlich ohrwurmig, “Transcencer L’Extase“ wieder recht hypnotisch und tanzbar mit feinen Synthiepassagen.

Kritikpunkte gibt es aber trotzdem – singt Herr V.V. Arkames Englisch, so ist der Akzent doch recht störend, da wäre man besser bei Französisch geblieben; außerdem finde ich bei zwölf Albumtracks vier Remixe doch recht viel bzw. acht neue Songs recht wenig. Vier “große Namen“ der Electroszene wie COMBICHRIST oder REAPER haben sich über insgesamt drei AD INFERNA – Songs hergemacht. Generell sehe ich Remixe kritisch und finde, dass vorliegende zwar ganz nett sind, es sie aber nicht wirklich gebraucht hätte (bspw. macht der REAPER-Remix aus “Redemption“ typisches “Hellectro“-Clubfutter). Des Weiteren nervt die sexuelle Attitüde des Covers und einiger Songs ein wenig, aber was soll’s.

Letztendlich erreichen AD INFERNA also, was der Titel “Trance ’N Dance“ andeutet – tanzbare, aber gleichzeitig mit mystischer Atmosphäre versehene Songs, die sich in einer schönen Schnittmenge zwischen Electro und Metal befinden. Im Grunde interessant anzuhören, aufgrund der geringen Anzahl an “richtigen“ Tracks, von denen nicht alle Dauer hundertprozentig überzeugen, ist mir das aber nur sechs Punkte wert.
[/FONT]

http://www.blackvector.se/reviews/#ad_inferna-trance_n_dance

Ad Inferna is a French band that consists of the members V. Orias A., V.V. Arkames, V.N.A., Asphodel and Mr Hyde. The debut album "L’Empire des Sens" was released back in 2002 and now seven years later Ad Inferna is back with the new album "Trance N Dance", featuring a total of 12 tracks including remixes from bands such as Reaper, Soman, Combichrist and Beborn Beton and a cover version of the Visage-hit Fade To Grey.
The style of their music is somewhat a combination of different styles like electro, industrial, metal and gothic featuring vocals in both english and french. I haven’t heard this combination before but I must say that it’s a cool mix and it sounds really good. The music is full of cool melodies, powerful basslines, energetic guitar riffs together with both dark male and beautiful female vocals. Combine Clan Of Xymox, Project Pitchfork with Reaper and Unterart and you’ll get Ad Inferna. I think all the remixes is very good and it was a long time since I heard anything from Beborn Beton, I’m glad they still exist. Besides the remixes I can recommend the tracks Redemption, SM For SM, Transcenter L’Extase and Vertige.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=451040249&blogId=511322513

Ad Inferna - Trance:N:Dance

The french outfit are back with their 2nd Album Trance:N:Dance which will be released on 29th September.

Opening with a classic cover of "Fade to Grey" which sets the tone for the whole album. From the very start, this album is hypnotizing and makes you beg for more! The mixing is truly a work of art just like the album itself. Filled with passion and thought, this album gets me excited more than i'm allowed to type! (seriously!)

With the hint of sorrow in "Rédemption" to the heights of "Vertige" this album is pure emotional blood, sweat and tears. It reaches everything inside of you and pulls it to the surface in the most spectacular fashion. You can feel everything these guys have done to make this album sound so perfect and for me that's what makes this an album that must be heard by everyone!

This album will hit the spot for all musical tastes from the rock to the pure trance....it really is one for everyone and there is something for everyone on this album.

Featuring remixes by Combichrist , Soman, Reaper and Beborn Beton, this truly is an album for the fans of EBM at it's finest.

http://www.sounds2move.de/Plattenkritiken/adinferna_trancendance.htm

Ad Inferna „Trance´n´Dance“ / VÖ 29.09.2009

adinferna_dancentrance.jpg

Die Franzosen Ad Inferna sind in deutschen Landen total unbekannt. Im Jahre 2000 aus der Asche der Vorgängerband De Profundis entstanden, brachten sie im Jahre 2002 ihr Debüt „L´Empire Des Sens“ heraus. Jenes Album konnte man durchaus dem melodischen Black Metal zuordnen. Die Plattenfirma spricht hier von einem legendären Album, in Wahrheit war es aber nichts weiter als ein weiteres durchschnittliches, von Cradle Of Filth und Konsorten inspiriertes, Gesamtwerk. Und seit 2002? Funkstille.

Wie aus dem Nichts taucht nun ein neues Ad Inferna Album namens „Trance´n´Dance“ auf. Stilistisch ist nichts mehr wie zuvor, die melodischen Black Metal Tage gehören der Vergangenheit an. Ad Inferna spielen nun eine Art Elektro (Metal, zumindest manchmal), der sich zwar auch nicht vor Innovation und Kreativität überschlägt, aber immerhin einen überzeugenden und mindestens soliden Eindruck macht. Ich halte es zwar für nicht so clever, das Album ausgerechnet mit einer Coverversion von „Fade To Grey“ zu eröffnen, aber hier wird bereits klar, was dem geneigten Hörer erwarten wird: Massives Elektroschlagseite, hohe Synthieanteile, melodische Gesänge und verdammt einfache Songstrukturen. Diese Musik zielt auf das Bein, nicht auf den Kopf. Auffällig ist auch, dass wie im Falle von „Fade To Grey“ auf E-Gitarren – vom Refrain abgesehen – verzichtet wird. Die klassischen Metal-Instrumente agieren hier allenfalls begleitend. Mit „SM for SM“ ist den Herrschaften ein kleiner Ohrwurm gelungen. „Sexual Music for Sexual Mass“ ist dabei sehr platt, simpel und irgendwie plakativ; von elektronisch bearbeiteten weiblichen Stimmen begleitet und dennoch irgendwie ergreifend. Definitiv ein Fall für Gothic Dissen. Ähnliches gilt für „Suicide Girl“. „Suicide Girl“ setzt sich dabei noch ein klein wenig fieser im Gehörgang fest und hält sich für diese Art Musik auch verhältnismäßig lang. „Redemption“ ist – oh Überraschung – nach dem gleichem Schema aufgebaut. Zu den regulären 8 Songs des Albums gesellen sich noch 4 weitere Bonustracks. Diese Remixe sind weder essenziell geschweige denn notwendig, aber sie runden das Album ganz nett ab.

Was auch immer die Band bewegt haben mag, sich vom durchschnittlichen melodischen Black Metal zum Elektro Bereich hin zu entwickeln, so ist „Trance´n´Dance“ für mich in erster Linie eine nette Abwechslung für zwischendurch geworden. Ein tanzbares Stück Partymusik, dem es zwar in jeder Hinsicht an Tiefgang fehlt, aber dennoch kurzzeitig durchaus überzeugen kann. Klassische Metaller oder Menschen mit Synthesizer Allergie oder auch Menschen mit Tanzphobie machen bitte einen ganz ganz großen Bogen um dieses Album.

Christian Stiewe – www.sounds2move.de / 20.09.2009

http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=albums&id=9433

EBM:ää, eli electronic body musicia, kutsutaan Wikipedian mukaan joskus vihaisen miehen teknoksi. Mitä sitten tapahtuu, kun tämä vihaisuus isketään yhteen muuten vain vihaisen musiikkilajin, metallin kanssa? Täytyy sanoa, ettei mitään kauhean maata järisyttävää.

Ranskalainen Ad Inferna on tyyppiesimerkki bändistä, jonka ainoa mahdollinen kohtalo on olla väliinputoaja. Ad Infernan kontekstissa metalli on yhtä merkittävä vivahde kuin Waldo's Peoplen tai E-Typen live-esiintymisissä; ruma pitkätukkainen mies riehuu lavalla sähkökitaran kanssa, vaikka piuha ei näyttäisi olevan edes vahvistimessa kiinni. Ad Infernan EBM on 90-lukuisten syntikoiden ja yksinkertaisten teknorytmien tulitusta, ei erityisen tummaa tunnelmaltaan, eikä valitettavasti myöskään erityisen tarttuvaa. Seireenimäinen naislaulu tuo taustalle välillä sopivasti melodiaa, mutta jää lopulta erittäin ohueksi kerrokseksi kokonaisuutta katsottaessa. Muuten laulu on puhemaista, välillä puolittaista ärinääkin.

Trance N Dance on siis monessa mielessä hyvin yksioikoinen albumi. Levy on musiikillisesti tanssimusiikin ja metallin vaikeaa välimaastoa, eikä tunnu hyökkäävän riittävän röyhkeästi kummankaan tyylisuunnan syövereihin. SM for SM:n hitikkään yksinkertaisissa ohjelmoinneissa on jo ainesta, mutta nykäys lisää räväkkyyttä, raskautta ja ennen kaikkea toistoa olisi tehnyt kappaleesta tarttuvuudeltaan jo vallan mainion. Muutamassa muussakin biisissä ollaan jo lähellä perseenheilutustaajuuksia, mutta kokonaisuutena levy on valitettavasti liian tasapäinen. Taustalle jäädessään Trance N Dance ei kuitenkaan ole missään nimessä luotaantyöntävä albumi, paitsi ehkä täysin tarpeettomien ja totaalisen tylsien remiksausten osalta.

http://www.bigdistraction.co.uk/2009/09/ad-inferna-trance-n-dance-album-review/

If there was to be a dark underworld, rarely seen in daylight, where The Sisters of mercy reined supreme and where dark-clothed disciples of the horned one sipped absinthe to industrial strength dance beats, then the soundtrack would undoubtedly be provided by this lot. Created by the infernal minds behind De Profundis and Seth, Ad Inferna will assuredly not appeal to everyone, being a touch more tinged with dance than metal for some tastes, but it is still classy stuff – a heady brew of Rammstein, The prodigy, Sisters of Mercy and NIN – that will see rock club dance-floors seething upon its release.
Upon placing the disc in my player I initially thought I had been sent the wrong album by mistake, until V. V. Arkames’ doom-filled voice cut in over the clunky synth washes to create an undeniably gothic atmosphere. Coupled with sampled guitars and a snarled chorus that is reminiscent of late EBM protagonists Nerve Factor, the band give off a resolutely old-school feel but with a few modern production tricks thrown in for good measure. ‘Metamorphose’ sets the bar higher with creepier vocals and the guitars cranked up, but still with a strong sense of melody and those thumping techno beats that are guaranteed to get the dance-floor heaving. ‘Redemption’ surfs in on an eerie bass-line, while ‘SM for SM’ uses breathy female vocals to introduce the track. Interestingly the vocals are in a variety of languages; French, German and English all making an appearance, which can be somewhat disorientating, although it fits the music well, German being particularly suited to the well-disciplined beats.
Music serves many purposes; it can stir the emotions or set the blood pumping, Ad Inferna aim squarely for the dark and sweaty club floors and they largely succeed. Although this isn’t music I can see being played often at home (it is better suited to a huge PA with bass that could level buildings) it is still one of the more inventive examples of a genre prone to mediocrity and as such I’m sure it will find its way into the homes and hearts of dark-wave fans, particularly those who still adhere to the cult of Front Line Assembly and their ilk.

http://www.brutalresonance.com/?public_pageid=showreview&id=review_4ac1bb9168658403317136

Album review
Artist: Ad Inferna
Album: Trance n Dance
Release year: 2009
Genre: Electro, Industrial, Metal
Homepage: http://adinferna.com
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/adinferna
Label: Aural Music Group
7/10
adinferna-trance_big.jpg

Ad Inferna is an industrial metal band hailing from the country called France. Their music could most easily be described as a mix of electro combined with distorted guitars and both clean and screaming vocals in both French and English.

'Trance n Dance' is the latest release from this band and it features eight tracks and four remixes. The album is a very solid one with nice distorted guitars and melodic synthesizer patterns. The sound is very clean and sounds good, feels pretty well produced. My favorite tracks on this album are “Rédemption”, “SM for SM” and “Métamorphose”. The only real downside to this album is that there are a lot of French vocals and I can't understand any if them and the visage cover “Fade to Grey” seems a bit flat compared to the original, even if I like the guitars on this track. Another thing is the remixes they aren't close to as good as the originals, they feel very uninspired and boring and from the remixes side they could probably have done better.

If you like industrial metal that don't feature 100% screaming vocals and just pumping guitars this is definitely for you.

Fredrik Croona
Today

http://gothtronic.com/?page=23&reviews=6466

The French outfit Ad Inferna was formerly known as black-gothic metal band but nowadays this project is dealing in EBM and industrial electro Music. In the vocals one can trace back the metal back ground of the band since they switch between clean vocals and screams. Also the amount of guitar is pretty prominent in the exhilarating cocktail this formation produces on Trance N Dance. Ad Inferna sounds like an electro industrial variation on The Kovenant and also comparisons with Psyclon Nine do not seem to be misplaced. The beats are heavy but next to that the atmosphere in songs like ‘Redemption’ with the eerie synthesizer melodies and female choir vocals could be labelled ethereal and gothic. This about encompasses the metal background of this band since musically it should be clear that this band is tapping from a different vein. A peculiar choice perhaps is to start off the recording with a cover of the well known new wave hit ‘Fade to Grey’ by Visage. Trance N Dance isn’t the most original or renewing album but it is surely enjoyable. Best tracks are ‘Redemption’ and ‘SM for SM’. Striking furthermore are the names that have been hired for some remixes, since they are well known in the electro-industrial scene. Remixes are present from Beborn Beton, Combichrist, Soman and Reaper. Beborn Beton delivers the best remix, which is kind of nice since we haven’t heard from them for such as long time.

Band: Ad Inferna(int)
Label: Dreamcell 11
Genre: electro (ebm / dark electro / minimal electro(clash) / synthpop)
Type: cd
Grade: 7
Review by: TekNoir

http://www.medienkonverter.de/kritik.php4?id=3704

3704.jpg

Die französische Band "Ad Inferna" gründete sich bereits 1996 und benötigte, aufgrund von wechselnder Besetzung und Label-Problemen, fast 6 Jahre für ihr Debut-Album "L'Empire des Sens". Nach einer 5-jährigen Pause fanden sie sich 2008 in Form des aktuellen Line-Ups wieder zusammen und melden sich nun mit einem Nachfolger zurück. Das "Trance :N: Dance" betitelte Werk stellt eine wesentliche Weiterentwicklung zu seinem Vorgänger dar, indem es sich vom ursprünglichen Black Metal abkehrt und Elemente daraus mit EBM- und Electro-Industrial-Komponenten neu zusammensetzt. Der sich der französischen und englischen Sprache bedienende, männliche Gesang besteht grösstenteils aus eher gesprochenen Teilen in EBM-Tradition und wechselt zwischen klarer und verzerrter Stimme, wobei letztere stilistisch auf besagten Ursprung im Black Metal oder einen sehr trockenen Hals verweist. Die Sängerinnen der Band werden hauptsächlich in Form von Background-Vocals eingesetzt und sorgen für die melodiöseren Teile.

Das erste Lied ist ein Cover des bekannten Visage-Titels "Fade To Grey" aus dem Jahre 1981. Ich würde es als riskant bezeichnen, ein Album mit dem Cover eines weitgehend bekannten Stücks zu beginnen, da man schnell im Vergleich zum Original abstürzen kann. Dieses Schicksal bleibt Ad Inferna in diesem Fall jedoch weitestgehend erspart, das Stück leidet zwar unter dem Vergleich, bietet allerdings eine nicht uninteressante Interpretation in neuem Electro-Gewand. Der hier vorwiegend klare Gesang wird durch einen geradlinigen, simplen Beat und an Trance oder Futurepop orientierte Synthesizer-Klänge unterstützt. Beim Refrain setzen zum ersten Mal verzerrte Gitarren ein und verleihen dem Stück seine aussergewöhnliche Note, indem sie es in Richtung Industrial Metal verschieben. Mit der folgenden Nummer "Metamorphose" gewähren Ad Interna dem Anteil an Metal wesentlich mehr Spielraum, die Vocals sind verzerrt und die Gitarren sind durchgehend präsent, der technoide Beat und die Synth-Eingaben bleiben jedoch auch erhalten. Beim dritten Stück fallen die Gitarren vollständig weg und es wird mehr Gewicht auf eine düsterere Atmosphäre, die sich mit gängigen Dark Electro-Acts vergleichen lässt, und Melodie gelegt. Bei "Suicide Girls" treten die weiblichen Stimmen etwas mehr in den Vordergrund und ihr melodiöser Gesang wird teilweise von relativ schweren Gitarren-Riffs unterlegt, welche jedoch primär wieder nur beim Refrain zum Einsatz kommen. In dem streckenweise etwas gemächlicher wirkenden "Transcender L'Extase" dienen sie auch eher als Accessoir denn als tragendes Element. Dies deckt sich mit der Aussage von V. Orias A., der sich für Komposition, Gitarren und Keyboards verantwortlich zeigt, dass immer erst im Nachhinein entschieden wurde, ob Gitarren hinzugefügt werden sollen oder nicht. Konstant bleibendes Element der Lieder ist der starre Kick-Bass, der scheinbar ohne grosse Veränderung von Anfang bis Ende durchläuft. Die übrigen Elemente werden in Bezug auf ihren Anteil an der Komposition jeweils variiert und geben dem Album die erwünschte Abwechslung, von der leichten Eintönigkeit der gesprochenen Textzeilen abgesehen.

Neugier weckt noch einmal der Blick auf die Remixes, die letzten 4 Tracks des Albums. Der Beborn Beton-Remix ist im Vergleich zu den eigenen Werken der Synthpop-Gruppe kaum verspielt und sehr minimalistisch angelegt, der Rhythmus steht im Vordergrund und wird trocken durchgezogen. Vor allem im letzten Drittel wird der Eindruck von Techno-Einflüssen geweckt. Der Combichrist-Remix bietet eine groovige Bassline und wirkt "voller" als der Remix von Beborn-Beton, jedoch entwickelt sich hier nicht viel und das Lied wummert mehr oder weniger vor sich hin. Der Soman-Remix trägt eindeutig seine Handschrift, ein mächtiger Kickbass kombiniert mit prägnanten Synthesizer-Klängen, die scheinbar die gesamte Tonleiter abfahren. Reaper folgt mit einer an Dark/Harsh Electro orientierten Interpretation von "Redemption" mit wabernder Bassline und druckvollem Kick. Zusammen mit der nachträglich nochmal verzerrten Stimme könnte man meinen, sie sei für den Remix gedacht gewesen.

"We want to be free and do what we want!!!" Getreu diesem Zitat von Sänger V. V. Arkames zeigt sich Ad Inferna auf diesem Album verhältnismässig innovativ und beim ersten Hören vielleicht gewöhnungsbedürftig. Das Tempo ist durchgehend relativ hoch angesiedelt, Pausen bekommt man hier nicht wirklich geboten. Diese Bricolage aus verschiedenen Elementen und Genre weckt Interesse und weiss einzunehmen. Man darf gespannt sein, ob sie sich darauf ausruhen oder wieder einen Schritt weiter gehen werden. Die Remixes überzeugen für sich genommen nicht, im Kontext des Albums stellen sie jedoch eine weitere positive Abwechslung dar. Bei all der Kombinationsfreudigkeit ist es schade, dass dem Beat anscheinend keine besondere Aufmerksamkeit zugekommen ist, denn dieser variiert kaum. Genre-Fundamentalisten dürften mit "Trance :N: Dance" nicht viel anfangen können, Freunde von EBM und etwas zurückhaltenderem Industrial Metal mit einem offenen Ohr für Neues und Toleranz gegenüber abschreckenden Albumtiteln könnten jedoch Gefallen daran finden.

http://www.desibeli.net/arvostelu/4234

star.png
star.png
star.png
star.png
starempty.png

Ad Inferna: Trance ´n Dance

Julkaistu: 29.09.2009
Arvostelija: Mika Roth

090929adinferna.jpg

Dreamcell11

Ranskalainen EBM/metalli/elektro/industrial –ryhmä Ad Inferna julkaisi seitsemän vuotta sitten L´Empire des Sens debyyttialbumin, aiheutti aikansa hämminkiä ja katosi pian maan pinnalta jälkiä jättämättä. Tämä olisi saattanut olla tarinan loppu, mutta jokin aika sitten ryhmä aktivoitui uudelleen, pyöräytti kukkahattutätien kauhuksi Sexual Music for Sexual Mass ep:n, ja nyt tarkastelun alla on kokonainen albumi tuoretta materiaalia.

Trance ´n Dance on siitä outo kiekko, että se osaa yhdistää metallin sekä tanssilattioiden tamppauksen, sortumatta kuitenkaan rammsteinmaiseen jäykistelyyn. Meno on paikoin hyvinkin tuimaa, mutta tarvittava raskaus osataan luoda ilman kivitalon kokoisia kitaravalleja, mistä pisteet ranskanmaalle. Koneet ja koskettimet määrittävät voimakkaimmin orkesterin soundia, jossa 70-luvun diskoteekkien loiste, sekä modernin industrial-rockin tuike kohtaavat. Tyylien törmäys ei aina suju ongelmitta, mutta jotain bändin karismasta kertoo jo sekin, että liike ei missään vaiheessa taukoa. Jos rimaa ei ylitetä, syöksytään sen ali kuin mitään ei olisi tapahtunutkaan. Musiikissa on myös jatkuvasti läsnä voimakas seksuaalinen lataus, joka on taas niin kovin, kovin ranskalaista.

Trance ´n Dance ei suurella todennäköisyydellä ole trancen tai dancen ystävien mieleen, mutta rosoisemman laidan goottirokkarit, elektro-diggarit sekä EBM-addiktit löytänevät orkesterista itselleen mainion tanssikaverin.

http://www.dosenmusik.de/infos/cdreviews.php?review=3420

Autor: 10 von 15 (hollow_crown)

Tanzt!

Tracklist: 01. Fade To Grey [Visage cover]
02. Métamorphose
03. Rédemption
04. SM For SM
05. Suicide Girl
06. Transcender l'Extase
07. Vertige
08. You As My Own Drug
09. Vertige [Beborn Beton remix version]
10. Vertige [Combichrist "Nok" remix version]
11. Transcender l'Extase [Soman remix version]
12. Rédemption [Reaper "Bum Bum" remix version]

Vor ein paar Wochen schaute ich mir spät abends einen Film im Fernsehen an. Der Name des Films war "Catacombs" und keine geringere als P!nk spielte in diesem Horrormovie eine entscheidende Rolle. In diesem Film ging es um eine Trance/Techno Szene, die sich in dern Katakomben von Paris trifft, um dort exzessive Partynächte zu verleben, allerdings war es nicht ganz ungefährlich in den Tiefen Frankreichs und das Unglück nahm seinen Lauf. Warum ich das jetzt alles erzähle und was das mit der Musik von Ad Inferna zu tun hat? Nun, irgendwie werde ich das Gefühl nicht los, dass genau deren Musik perfekt als Soundtrack für diesen Film hätte eingesetzt werden können.

Bedrohlich und kompromisslos sind die Industrial Goths, die zudem auch noch aus Frankreich stammen, wo eben dieser besagte Film spielte und gedreht wurde. Das dritte Werk des Quintetts "Trance and Dance" folgt auf das Debüt "L'Empire de Sens" und das zweite Album mit dem anzüglichen Titel "Sexual Music For Sexual Mass". Allemal hat der Stil von Ad Inferna etwas eigenes und besonderes, allein schon durch den Sprechgesang und die doch zarte weibliche Stimme, die immer wieder auftaucht. Das alles ist mit Beats untleregt und existentieller Teil des Ganzen auch eine Gitarre und Keyboards sowie Synthies. Was jedoch immer im Vordergrund sind die französichen Lyrics, die sich dem Hörer sprichwörtlich aufdrängen. Schöne Melodien sind trotzdem unüberhörbar und so wirkt das Resultat doch sehr spannend, denn eines muss man Ad Inferna lassen: es ist schwer ihre Musik vorherzusehen.

Ähnliche Band: De Profundis

Weitere vergleichbare Bands: Seth

http://metal-on-metal.org/2009/09/ad-inferna-trancendance-след-дълго-мълчание/#more-328

Французите от Ad Inferna не са тук от вчера – още през 2002 те издадоха дебютния си албум L’Empire Des Sens, който си беше чист вид мелодичен блек метъл и е разтръбяван от компанията издател като ‘легендарен’ (силно преувеличение). От тогава насам обаче, ни вест ни кост от тях и сякаш бяха изчезнали от радара. И ето ти през 2009 година, бандата изплува на повърхността и ни застреля с един албум, който ако не изненада публиката напълно, то поне се погрижи да повдигне няколко вежди.

Блек метълът е минало за Ad Inferna, напук на все още адски звучащото си име и дванадесетте трака в албума са микс от електро- и индъстиъл-метъл (ако изобщо можем да приемем, че има метъл в цялата тази работа). И трябва да се признае, че въпреки не особено иновативните си композиции, тавата прави доста добро впечатление. Да, не е особено добра идея да започнеш албума си с кавър (”Fade To Grey”), но оттам нататък всичко е в очакваните граници – мощни електронни дръм-машини, синтезатори, хорови изпълнения и тук-там женски вокали. Парчета като “Sexual Music for Sexual Mass” и “Suicide Girl” определено ще допаднат на готик настроените фенове, “SM For SM” звучи в главата дни наред след слушането, а “Redemption” е най-силно изразената ‘транс’ страна в албума, подкрепена от прекарани през машина женски вокали. И навсякъде над всичко царува мистична танцувална атмосфера, за която са ни обещали още в заглавието на албума. О, да, става дума и да секс.

Trance:N:Dance не е албум за традиционни метълисти или почитатели на по-китарно ориентиран звук, така че ако си такъ, спокойно можеш да прескочиш този диск. Колкото и странно да изглежда този завой от блек метъл към електро-индъстиъл, в дадения контест Ad Inferna се справят повече от задоволително, създавайки музика, грабваща вниманието поне в краткосрочен план, на която не й липсва щипка оригиналност.