Adagio????

I have All the Planet X albums, Mark Boals - Ring of Fire and have downloaded a couple of mp3's of CAB (I'll buy it soon - I promice)

Violent Machine and Live Insanity out of his solo carrer. I can only find these two because they where under lion music. I can't find any others because shrapnell distribution sucks ass.

Polyedius, Check out Rusty on his site www.rustycooley.com and download ALL of his sound clips (I recomend Dark Matter, Under the influence, Butcher and dominion if you can only do a couple/few) Also check out his band prog metal band Outworld. You can download a whole song at his site. Unfortunately, I just found out today that they broke up beacause of logitstical reasons.

If you like over-the-top unsigned (or unknown) shredders, also check out Fransesco Fareri, Terry Syrek, Criss Brooks (Ozzy dude, hip,hip horray), and others. I recomend you check out all of these guys as they are all different. Also buy "Shred is not dead" by Terry Syrek. It is a great book. Not only does it improve your speed and acurracy and overal technique, it also theachesyou odd-time and rythm, exotic scales an there modes, theory, practice tips, improvisasion and has some really cool backing tracks to solo over. Its for advance guitarist as there is some pretty hard exercises and improvision sequenses (Changing keys from different exotic scales ect...)

Hope this opens up some doors.

@Shred-ididle

I'm a bassplayer, but I love listening to rippers and shredders. I've gotten most of my knowlegde of theory from various websites, there are so many, but just a few essential free ones. I studied modes, common and exotic for a while, but the exotic ones took me in a direction I didn't want to go, meaning the more exotic modes seemed to influence my technique and compositions in a way I just wasn't digging. So, I'm sticking with scales in the styles I like best.

Thanks for the new names, I'm always looking for new metal/shredders.

Well, I think that there are a lot of Symphony X style in Adagio, athmosphere is dark and mystic, such as Symphony X, guitars and riffs are very simillar to Symphony X, comparing those two bands, I think that
Andersson (keyboards) is the best thing in Adagio, but I'm not saying that others are not good musicians, but they're still a little behind the Symphony X:devil:

Asmodeus said:
Well, I think that there are a lot of Symphony X style in Adagio, athmosphere is dark and mystic, such as Symphony X, guitars and riffs are very simillar to Symphony X, comparing those two bands, I think that
Andersson (keyboards) is the best thing in Adagio, but I'm not saying that others are not good musicians, but they're still a little behind the Symphony X:devil:

Andersson is no longer in Adagio. He couldn't commit full time cause of his other band Time Requiem. Their new keyboardist is Kevin Codfert and he fuckin RIPS. Go to Stephan Forte's mp3.com site and listen to The Prophecies of Loki, he takes a solo on that.

BTW, Andersson didnt do any writing on the first Adagio album. All the music was writen by Forte and actually most of the keyboards were programmed by Forte. I think the only keys Andersson plays are the synth leads.

Funny thing is I just heard Adagio again today on Snakenet metal radio and really liked them. Looks like their CD is my next purchase. :D

Direct from Adagio's site, we'll be waiting for a while...

New album Underworld will be released in September 2003 worldwide and followed by the 'Underworld Tour'. Dennis Ward is once again the producer with the help this time of Stephan Forte. It is also to be noticed that japanese version will include a bonus track.
Some news coming soon, stay tuned !

Yngvai X said:
Andersson is no longer in Adagio. He couldn't commit full time cause of his other band Time Requiem. Their new keyboardist is Kevin Codfert and he fuckin RIPS. Go to Stephan Forte's mp3.com site and listen to The Prophecies of Loki, he takes a solo on that.

BTW, Andersson didnt do any writing on the first Adagio album. All the music was writen by Forte and actually most of the keyboards were programmed by Forte. I think the only keys Andersson plays are the synth leads.

Yes, I know. And I've heard Time Requiem, I have the cd. The point is that Andersson is excellent musician, one of those who're on the top of the pyramid of the keyboard players :), I wasn't judging his work on what he did in Adagio, but also what he did in Majestic, and now Time Requiem...