Adagio????

Mr. Shred-ididle

Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head
Jan 25, 2003
I don't get it,

Every one says that there a SyX clone?

Why?

Adagio are much more neo-classical metal with prog influences. SyX are different there mainly prog with neo-classical influences. I mean listen the oddesey and then listen to Sanctus Ignis and they are no where near a clone if any thing I'dd call Adagio a Rising Force clone before calling them a SyX clone (But there not)

I can hear some simmilarities with the two bands particularly in "V" but thats simmilar not clones.

Now I'dd tell you who is a clone - Joe Stump to Yngwie!!!!

Wht do you guys think Adagio is a SyX clone ??

and who is Kenziner ?

In MY opinion, SyX has created a new (sub) genre in metal.
Combinding prog and neo-classical, and symphonic metal into one.

Because other bands are now making music in that genre doesn't mean that they are clones! they just like that style and want to be pioneers in that style. If anything that is good!!!

Its just like saying Dream Theater is a rip-off of Queensryche because they both combined prog with heavy rock/metal. And then Queensryche is a rip-off of yes because they are both progressive. And then yes is a rip-off of topink-floyd because they both had keyboards up-front in rock music etc...etc.. you could go on for days. Do you get my piont??

I agree some bands are rip-offs like Joe Stump to Yngwie and sometimes Magestic/Time Requiem to some of Rising Force signiture licks and riffs(Yngwie)

But just because Adagio expariment with neo-classical and progressive elaments doesn't mean they're Symphony X clones!

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
In MY opinion, SyX has created a new (sub) genre in metal.
Combinding prog and neo-classical, and symphonic metal into one.

I agree some bands are rip-offs like Joe Stump to Yngwie and sometimes Magestic/Time Requiem to some of Rising Force signiture licks and riffs(Yngwie)

But just because Adagio expariment with neo-classical and progressive elaments doesn't mean they're Symphony X clones!

DUDE! Joe Stump ripping off Malmsteen? That's a laugh!!! Joe Stump blows Malmsteen out of the water!!!

I know he's heaps better than Yngwie, But I've only heard one song on a mp3 and it sounded EXACTLY like Malmsteen on speed and steriods.

Mabey thats only one song though.

Tony Mac is one of my favourites.

And he does sooo much.

Not only neo-classical in his solo albums and (Ring of Fire) but some wacked out jazz/fusion on CAB, and some spacy-intrumental prog metal in Planet X and is also a classical piano genius. My guitar teacher was in the support band when Planet X came to Australia. (Too bad I didn't know him then, But next time I will)

I fyou like hypo-technical-speedy shred listen to Rusty Cooley. And he is not neo-classical type, he is full on "Heavy as shit" 7-string oddesey type riffs metal. Insane Chops!!!

Heh, This has turned from a thread about Adagio to Shredders Cool!

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I don't get it,
Adagio are much more neo-classical metal with prog influences. SyX are different there mainly prog with neo-classical influences.

Saying retarded shit like this is the reason there are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 different sub genres of metal. It's really gay when people say this kind of moronic shit.

BastrdDrmr said:
Adagio is great but come on... the beginning of Inner Road seems like a desperate attempt to show off in a manner similar to the intro of Smoke and Mirrors. Good band but definitely not original.

Hehe, believe me, Forte does not need to make any "desperate attempts" at showing off his chops, he's an insane musician. And anyway, that intro is really not anything at all like Smoke and mirrors in terms of harmony. SaM has a really typical kind of classical thing goin from the i to the V chord where as Inner Road goes from a i to a bv chord, VERY different sound thats common in modern classical music (has a very "evil" sound). Plus the SaM intro develops and changes keys and stuff while Inner Road has some chromatic lines and stuff...but if you're calling it a rip off because it uses sweep arpeggios over accented beats and has a similar tempo...then include Demon Driver in there as well (but then that'd mean SaM is a rip off of Demon Driver hehehe)

And for what its worth, I think Adagio is the most interesting prog/power metal band out there after SyX.

Ok Mr Shred-ididle, I'm just going to say what we all are thinking. Your signiture is really, really stupid. Are we supposed to be impressed because you fit a bunch of idiotic smilies below your message? Just change it, alright, it's not cool.

Dude, I never knew people would judge me because of my signiture, If you do, you sound like a real mature, open minded person that doesnt go judging people by what brand of clothes they're wearing (Sarcazem)

And this go's to you silent force,

I'm not going to change my sig, cause I don't care what you think

AND
:D:yow::lol::mad::eek::hotjump::cry::rolleyes::(:OMG::worship:Smokedev: (I would do all of them but UM doesn't let me)

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Tony Mac is one of my favourites.

And he does sooo much.

I fyou like hypo-technical-speedy shred listen to Rusty Cooley. And he is not neo-classical type, he is full on "Heavy as shit" 7-string oddesey type riffs metal. Insane Chops!!!

Heh, This has turned from a thread about Adagio to Shredders Cool!

I'll definatly chech out Rusty Cooley. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

And don't pay any attention to these people ragging on you. There are some really cool people who post here, but there are a few "Symphony X prog elite" hanging around.

BastrdDrmr said:
Saying retarded shit like this is the reason there are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 different sub genres of metal. It's really gay when people say this kind of moronic shit.

No. There are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 different sub genres because bands DON'T stick to one formula and create freely and uninhibited. People saying stuff like you said is typical of the pop music scene.

Rusty Cooley sucks.

all chops no songs.

Tony Mac an Yngwie clone????

Have you hear any albums from the last 10 years of his career? have you heard CAB?