Addictive Drums

On the weekend I tweaked a bit of my "kit". As soon as I have time to try it in a mix, I'll share the preset, too.

Sorry for not uploading WildHades' Presets, I just forgot it :D

yeah addictive drums is pretty sweet, i used it on the underoath clip on my soundclick

after the initial excitement of using it ive since gone back to dfhs though

why is that?

could never really get hihat grooves to sound as good as in dfhs, and one day i made two mixes of a song, one with dfhs and one with AD and liked the dfhs one better. its probably only because im more used to mixing it and have had considerably much longer time tweaking those sounds than the AD ones, but i figure if it aint broken dont fix it

hi guys, interested in AD presets too, and I have two to upload... should we exchange them by PM ?

Hey bro...

check the Forum-FTP-Thread in the Stickie-List!

Lets sort them in an extra-Folder. ADPresets or something like that. I can't access the ftp right now. I've got one new preset, too

Can anyone make AD presets for Rammstein? I really love their massive snare sound with tons of reverb/room mics. However, I fail to get anywhere near with AD, I think the devil's in the reverb settings.

That's what I mean:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is almost 4 years old and you bump it, asking for someone to make a certain sound for you, Potapka? Oof.

I can understand getting annoyed at him asking for presets, but honestly, either people create the same thread every fucking week and people get annoyed at that, or people use the search function, find a relevant thread, and then bump that, and people get annoyed because its old. Its one or the other.

That said, Potapka, presets aren't really the way to go. And in my experience, Addictive Drums wouldn't be able to get you that sound. I've found the snares annoyingly ringy, the kick drums overly boomy, and everything rather uncontrolled and pumpy. The only way you can get it under control is by choking the life out of everything.
If anyone can emulate the reverb in that first clip, please do share, because I still don't have a good drum reverb plugin.. most clips I like seem to be DVerb, which is ProTools only, and I haven't heard anything come close.