Adenosine Breakdown/Buildup

Aug 27, 2004
I've got to hand it to the band for pulling off something so conceptually crazy. I've heard of doing stuff like this in Bela Fleck-UFO TOFU, but they never did an entire SONG or 2 as a palindrome (just instead did little palindromic sections). After a few plays through the album, I put 2 and 2 together realized that Buildup was Breakdown backwards and i pretty much freaked out.:OMG:

hahaha.. I wondered if maybe I shouldn't post it since it's almost an easter egg of sorts, but I decided that it'd probably come up soon enough anyways, so there probably wasn't a problem with me being one to post it. :lol:

Crimson,
You kick ass! LOL! I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to figure it out, and you aced it. Awesome!...

Ron

Hahaha, wow, that quote is soooo going in my favorite quotes section on facebook. :)

BTW, this isn't worth of a free Blotted shirt when you make them, is it? :D :D :D

I'm still waiting for my copy but it's awesome to hear they pulled it off! I've had the idea myself and tried for a couple of years to make palindromic songs but I gave up because it was way too hard for me. Not a huge surprise that Ron would be able to do it : D

Damn it, I was hoping I was the first to come up with that palindrome concept, I never heard of anyone else doing that until now. I never actually got anything good out of it though. Can't wait to hear it.

Haha I admit it is absolutely genius, but it's not too hard to work out that it's backwards. After all, both tracks are the same length and Buildup starts with the reverse sound of the notes dying at the end of Breakdown. Brilliant work Ron!