ADTR Cover

dani

beat defective
Sep 12, 2008
hey guys.

i've been working on a cover of a day to remember's welcome to the family.

the song isn't entirely finished (vocals need redoing, and singing isn't there, guitars are not 100% perfect yet) but i'm really liking the mix (which is strange for me..!)

anyways, let me know what you think.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/726501/Mixes/ME/Welcome To The Family.mp3

and sorry about the drums, as you can probably tell, i'd just finished listening to wormwood..

thanks,

hey guys.

i've been working on a cover of a day to remember's welcome to the family.

the song isn't entirely finished (vocals need redoing, and singing isn't there, guitars are not 100% perfect yet) but i'm really liking the mix (which is strange for me..!)

anyways, let me know what you think.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/726501/Mixes/ME/Welcome To The Family.mp3

and sorry about the drums, as you can probably tell, i'd just finished listening to wormwood..

thanks,

if you wouldn't mind you should post this for everyone to mix, with DI's and stuff.

sounds pretty good man.

i might get round to sharing DIs, but the guitars are too messy right now, i'd feel embarrassed if i shared them with everyone ;)

any more comments on the mix?

thanks,

i would agree with the other guys. Sounds cracking. only thing i would say would be that the sub drop is a lil too loud at points and I would maybe try it with the guitar sitting back in the mix a little to let the vocal come through.

loud subdrops are my signature. of sorts ;)

you think the vocals are too quiet? i was actually thinking they're a bit too loud..!

i'll take a closer listen when i re-track them, although i need to wait for my vocalist to be available for that! :|

thanks,

i see man. i do like them but just like them more set in the mix if u know wat i mean. ye the vocals are totally hidden with the guitars. mayb jus have a look at your EQ on it. look around 1 - 2 Khz range see wats wat around there.

A lot of pumping going on. The kick sounds fake sticks out way too much and the snare needs to come up, it gets lost in the mix. Pull some highs out of the guitars to kill that scratchy-ness, and throw in some mids to taste.

what is it you guys can hear is pumping it?

i also feel that i can't bring up the snare much more without it badly affecting the rest of it, i like a lot of low end in my snares..

as for the guitars.. the chain for them is pretty complex. basically, there is some DI with no cab emulation blended in (not much though). it was to get back some of the crisp high end, which is something i really like in guitar tones (i was going for whitechapels tone, sort of..).

i'm gonna re-work the low end of the mix, add more bass guitar, bring the snare up, and do.. something, with the kick!

thanks,

Haha, i freakin love the guitars in this, the only thing i think they would need is a little low pass on the super highs. Other than that, its awesome!

im hearing a LOT of pumping. also try to take some mids and low mids out of the kick and see where that gets you. but i like the power behind the mix though.

I agree with everyone else, too much pumping and another kick sample would do much better.