Adventures in getting This Godless Endeavor

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
'allo...

So, I've been hearing way too many good things about the new album. I got the strange notion that I should order it.

Nevermore's site doesn't sell it directly.

Century Media was (is?) having a sale where for $10, you get the CD and a poster, no shipping charge.

Hoo-ray!

... except they expect me to enter my credit card information on a non-secured page! wwwwwoooppsss, no thanks.

So I order from The End. Order goes in Thursday afternoon, arrives today in the mail.

I open up the package... and the first thought is...

How much does a Hugh Syme cover cost? I'm guessing it's not very cheap. Too bad I can't really see it, because somebody decided to put a HUGE GIANT STICKER OVER THE COVER OF THE ALBUM.

Look at this! http://www.lotfp.com/Special/nevermorecover1.JPG

Thanks to this sticker, I sure know that there are wallpapers and buddy icons on the CD. I know that the band has had a video played on MTV2. I know who Nevermore is touring with. I don't see the Nevermore logo too clearly on the cover, I don't see the cover art, but I know the marketing.

Niiiiiiice.

At least the sticker is on the plastic wrap and not the case itself.

I'll actually open it up and listen to it tomorrow. I can't bear to ruin such a landmark effort in marketing right now.

always phone with CM and relapse as their mail order is shady at times.

I think I hate not only stickers on cd covers just as much as that one label that is on the top of the case that you have to take off after the main wrap is taken off.:ill:

CM Mailorder seems to love me. They only kaka'd on me once. But it made me go :shakefist:

That's funny...I bought three copies last week and when I was bringing them up to the counter the girl checking me out looked at the sticker and says, "Ohh, they're on MTV?" I said, "I wouldn't know...I've never heard of MTV"

That sticker is/was quite obstreperous!

DiscipleOfThePit said:
They're just stickers, they peel off fairly easily...

Saying that, I've seen bad things happen to digipacks that were covered in stickers.
I seriously get pissed when a digipack has a sticker on it./