Advice from the open minded people here!

metalized

Sep 10, 2001
not there
Well I want your advice on how to become open minded? Do i have to move to Australlia? Seems all open minded ppl r down there!

I think that pretty much covers it. Being open minded, musically, isn't necessarily liking every genre of music or every facet of whatever. For me, it's liking what *I* like and not what I think my friends would like. Another aspect of open mindedness isn't jumping to conclusions based on what you *think* are the hard and fast rules surrounding a situation. I could really wax philosophical, here, but someone on the board has already mentioned I appear to have too much free time.

Rule #1 for being open minded: Listen with your ears and not your mouth.
Rule #2 for being open minded: remember there are no rules to being open minded.

Might want to look into Shunryu Suzuki's "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind." It's a quick read and has some life-changing stuff in it.

I'm not sure moving to another continent would do it. :)

Peace,

Phil

ThePKH -- I about peed myself when I read that. LOL!!

Nah, no hair-cutting. I cut my hair because it's too frickin' hot in the summer. I wear shirts because I'd probably get fired if I wore my tunic or kilt... Neither or these make a difference about my thinking -- although neckties DO restrict blood flow to the brain...there has to be SOME explaination for upper management decisions, around here...

Ah, well. Back to work, I suppose. :/

Peace,

Phil

Hahaa.. My asshair is longer than your hairsss posers!!! Oh, fuck... This was the open-minded thread.
Let's try it again......
Peace and flowers to you my dear friends, shall we dance on the fields as we listen to all the music that comes from radio and open-mindedly play with those nice and intelligent hip hop-listeners...

Oh my god.. My open minded -appendage disfunktinzshhehsszzzzzrgh!

yep , we will.......

lots OF HYBRID METAL...as well

not your cloned shit at all.

When it comes to training yourself to be open-minded about music, it helps to avoid knowing too much about a band, before you give them a listen, so you can't form too many assumptions before you actually hear the music. It's even more effective if you have no idea who you are listening to. This isn't always very easy, so sometimes you have to forcibly forget your preconceptions about a band, and just sit down and listen to it with your full attention.

(Reading over that, it doesn't actually seem all that helpful, but I will post it anyway.)