I just proved...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
...That there is very few open-minded people around thesedays.

I played 'Death - Flesh and the power it holds' (thru my pro-tools monitors. ha ha ha... fucking loud...!) to a few freinds today... And you know what? They were actually paying out on it. Making fun of my favourite band.

It is sickening that they would have disrespect for such a good band.

I thought i had made a breakthru with them, because i had them listening to opeth (still life and morningrise), and they actually really liked it... but i guess i was wrong!!

Is there no more hope for humanity?

Originally posted by Trapped
Is there no more hope for humanity?
1. Don't post such things! FAITH will lose faith in humanity.

Originally posted by Trapped
...That there is very few open-minded people around thesedays.

I played 'Death - Flesh and the power it holds' (thru my pro-tools monitors. ha ha ha... fucking loud...!) to a few freinds today... And you know what? They were actually paying out on it. Making fun of my favourite band.

It is sickening that they would have disrespect for such a good band.

I thought i had made a breakthru with them, because i had them listening to opeth (still life and morningrise), and they actually really liked it... but i guess i was wrong!!
2. You have two choices:
2.i) Either change friends,
2.ii) or change favorite band :loco:

Dont compromise yourself.
Wake up! Make your own friendship!

Can someone explain to me why people care so much when other people don't like the same music they do? I'm the only person I know who listens to black metal and even Nevermore. But I don't care. It's they're loss. Get over it.

...The point i was trying to make.... well... i wasn't really trying to make a point. I couldn't care less if they don't like it, but the fact of the matter, they didn't see the fact that chuck is a damn talented guitarist. they actually paid out on it like a joke.

You people really amuse me... you know that? :lol:

When I started listening to metal a few years back, my circle of friends at the time made fun of me all the time, belittling metal, saying that its all power chords and nothing more, the lyrics are meaningless and are written by 5-year olds, and that its the simplest music on teh face of the earth. They just couldn't accept the fact that this is the music I liked and that they should just fuckin deal with it. Who are they to tell me what I should listen to, especially when they listened to their grunge horseshit. Now that I listen to some prog, i oughta put on a song and dare them to criticize its simplicity. Anyway, I got fed up about a year ago and basically got new friends :)

Ey people - there are other metal fans out there! getting more and more each day and - who knows - some day we´ll control earth :D
btw - opeth is cool!

The sad thing about your unregistered post is that because metal is back to fashion, i fear that all this is temporary since most of the ones who claim to be metalheads now (because they see metal as a cool thing), will never stay metalheads and will change and flow with the fashion.

But metal rules anyway. There is no need for occasional metalheads who will be gone with the wind of fashion change.