Advice needed (early to mid 80's metal sound)

@Kvoid: The guitars on To Mega Therion were recorded using Warrior's old equipment,

Iceman>Tube screamer>JCM 800

As for the mixes on Emperor's Return and To Mega Therion, neither of them are, according to Warrior, ones he wanted. His label apparently sent some of their people to remix both albums behind his back.

Okay girls I'm back. Now let's see what I've missed

Hmm what's this on my screen, just a bunch of wahhh wahhh wahhh. The tree hugging liberals are here with their "oh so politically correct language" *throws back head and laughs like a school bully*

Save the lectures for Christ camp, four-eyes.

'ooh he's saying inappropriate and unacceptable things ooh ooh I'm such a wimp ooh ooh I'm gonna listen to Gojira now ooh...'

Man, what a homo! See what happens when you listen to boy-band-metal? You turn into a fag. What do you do in your spare time go into forests and weep for the trees? I bet you do huh. Change the tampon would ya

Seriously though we're not kidding about hiring someone with know-how, even if it's through the net we'll paypal you. This offer is 100% genuine. Flame wars and nerdy squabbles aside etc. So c'mon girls, you wanna make some extra cash or carry on typing a bunch of whiney things instead?

@Kvoid: The guitars on To Mega Therion were recorded using Warrior's old equipment,

Iceman>Tube screamer>JCM 800

As for the mixes on Emperor's Return and To Mega Therion, neither of them are, according to Warrior, ones he wanted. His label apparently sent some of their people to remix both albums behind his back.

Thank you very much for the info. Pretty surprised by the fact it's a TS into a JCM. As for the mixes, I liked To Mega Therion a whole lot, but I don't really have much liking for the man. What he did to the old songs on that last tour was an atrocity.

HH & CF was and is great music though, if we forget the worst fag-out in Metal ever. Cold Lake makes Jonathan Davis slobbering on cock look straight :lol:

Hi! I have some thoughts about this time to time. I'm learning from this forum for some time and learned much, but hit the wall by thinking that sound engineering doesn't differ from techno music.
But i like styles like metalcore, grind and death metal. So I think is it possible to get these styles to 80's? If I could get my band sound something like 80's it will be kick-ass! But thinking also if those room feelings will swallow overall loudness?

Ok this guy is pure troll, nobody on earth can really be that retarded. I'm gonna go on with my real life now

I was going to quote my own last post in this thread, but it has somehow been deleted. :guh: ?????? Deleted for saying "the best way to kill a troll is to starve it." I don't get why it was deleted for saying that, and for saying there's no way in hell I'd help out this guy now, with that attitude and lack of respect. Okay...whatever.

But regardless...I suggest people follow that advice. Just let this troll starve to death.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. I see a whole lot of talking the talk in that sentence, but not a whole lot of walking the walk if you will. :p

No offense intended, but I'm pretty curious too!

Well a lot of guys around here know that my start in the world of "production" started working with quite a few of the NYC / Brooklyn / Long Island NY based Hip Hop artists. So the "discography" if you will is ... welll Hip Hop ...lol

Craig Mack - Project: Funk Da World
Hit Single - Flava In Ya Ear

Craig Mack - Operation: Get Down
No real "hit" on that one

Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
Hit Single - Big Poppa (I love it when ya call me big poppa)

Notorious B.I.G. - Born Again
No Hit Single but #1 Album in America in Dec 1999

Busta Rhymes - Extinction Level Event: The Final World Front
Hit Single - Whats It Gonna Be

Alecia Keys - The Diary Of Alicia Keys
Songs - If I Was Your Woman & Walk On By

The Alicia Keys album was recorded in multiple studios and the studio I was working in at the time just worked on those 2 songs which happened to be the bigger hits off the CD.

I was just an AE on most of this, and in the Hip Hop world the AE's really dont get credit for much. On a personal note though I did write the beat and sell it to Craig Mack for "Flava In Ya Ear", thats how I got the gig working with all these guys. Craig got hooked up with Bad Boy Records and Puff Daddy and all those freaks and they liked my work ethic at the time and the fact that I was a long hair white boy who could write good Hip Hop ...lol Bad Boy put me on the payroll basically and I spent 8 to 10 hours a day at various studios in NYC / Brooklyn / Long Island working with artists and "running gear" while they were writing / arranging.

I actually recorded guitars on another track we did with Alicia Keys that never made it to the CD, but hey it is what it is.

Oh I also did the singles:
Aint it funny by Jennifer Lopez (J-Lo)
The Jump Off by Lil Kim

Well a lot of guys around here know that my start in the world of "production" started working with quite a few of the NYC / Brooklyn / Long Island NY based Hip Hop artists. So the "discography" if you will is ... welll Hip Hop ...lol

Craig Mack - Project: Funk Da World
Hit Single - Flava In Ya Ear

Craig Mack - Operation: Get Down
No real "hit" on that one

Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
Hit Single - Big Poppa (I love it when ya call me big poppa)

Notorious B.I.G. - Born Again
No Hit Single but #1 Album in America in Dec 1999

Busta Rhymes - Extinction Level Event: The Final World Front
Hit Single - Whats It Gonna Be

Alecia Keys - The Diary Of Alicia Keys
Songs - If I Was Your Woman & Walk On By

The Alicia Keys album was recorded in multiple studios and the studio I was working in at the time just worked on those 2 songs which happened to be the bigger hits off the CD.

I was just an AE on most of this, and in the Hip Hop world the AE's really dont get credit for much. On a personal note though I did write the beat and sell it to Craig Mack for "Flava In Ya Ear", thats how I got the gig working with all these guys. Craig got hooked up with Bad Boy Records and Puff Daddy and all those freaks and they liked my work ethic at the time and the fact that I was a long hair white boy who could write good Hip Hop ...lol Bad Boy put me on the payroll basically and I spent 8 to 10 hours a day at various studios in NYC / Brooklyn / Long Island working with artists and "running gear" while they were writing / arranging.

I actually recorded guitars on another track we did with Alicia Keys that never made it to the CD, but hey it is what it is.

Oh I also did the singles:
Aint it funny by Jennifer Lopez (J-Lo)
The Jump Off by Lil Kim

My respects mister :worship:

You did Flava In Ya Ear? Man, that joint is classic!

Just the kicks snares and hats with the silly little guitar riff, the rest was all Craig. I dont take much credit for it cause he really spruced that fucker up to make it funk like a mother fucker. He was AWESOME to work with, total nice genuine guy. The guitar riff was actually longer and and wasn't looped as much. But he changed it up and made it really kick ass.

Working for Bad Boy was a pain in the ass, no life other then what they tell you to do. Kinda sucked, bad experience and it turned me off to working with "name" guys for a long time. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot, it was cool I guess.

I dont talk about it a lot cause it was overall just a bad experience. Not working with Craig or Busta, they were great! But dealing with Sean and his crew really sucked. Just attitudes and bullshit constantly. Keep in mind this was all during the whole Death Row vs Bad Boy thing. The fucking east coast / west coast rivalry was in full swing then.

I would work with Craig again in a second. But hes laying low doing his producer thing now.

Ohh and for those of you interested the producer on most of this was Moe Bee. Alicia mentions him in the intro to Walk On By

I've got a gig to play tonight and then I'm gonna fuck a few groupies after,

Woooo. Are you talking about male groupies. Or do you have real girls at your show. So your either gay(not that there's anything wrong with it(seinfelt quote)) or not metal at all. No real metal band has girls at their shows.

AND....
You know your so called metal dresscode was copied from the gayworld by Rob halford.

Q: Are you Joey Demaio?

Q: Are you Joey Demaio?
Dude!!!

I SWEAR to whatever you want me to swear to, I had this EXACT same thought the other day, I just never bothered to post it cause I thought the thread was done :lol:

denzel_intro.jpg

hey \m/Antisocial\m/ I dont want to talk about modern and old school productions here. So many people seem to love new highly compressed sound.... Mail me if you want to share some info about recording. I'm into recording at home myself. I believe it is not difficult to recreate an old 80-90s sound. The key I think is with the over compression of music just to be louder than others even at the expense of the spirit of metal haha. Thats my opinion anyway. Kind regards

Individuum said:
hey \m/Antisocial\m/ I dont want to talk about modern and old school productions here. So many people seem to love new highly compressed sound.... Mail me if you want to share some info about recording. I'm into recording at home myself. I believe it is not difficult to recreate an old 80-90s sound. The key I think is with the over compression of music just to be louder than others even at the expense of the spirit of metal haha. Thats my opinion anyway. Kind regards

Dude, December 2010. You're "into recording at home" yourself? What a coincidence, welcome to a fucking RECORDING forum, we all are.