Advice on Pickups for Death/thrash metal

Oct 2, 2004
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, i've been doing a lot of research lately on pickups (humbuckers to be exact) becuase i'm thinking of changing the stock pickups (Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz) on my schecter c-1 classic. I play metal, mostly thrash/death and the tone im getting with the duncans is a little too thin and i need something more crunchy for palm mutes. Right now my setup is 5150 II --> mxr 10 band eq --> c-1. I've been looking at the Dimarzio X2n, emg-81/60, and seymour duncan live wire heavy metal... Any advice/tips would be much appreciated, thanks a lot

Id take the Duncan Dimebucker into the list!
no experience with EMGs or the live wires, but I have a Dimebucker and an X2N in my other guitar
personally, I like the dimebucker better, less gain, but more agressive and tighter low-end, sounds heavier and a little clearer to me
X2N sounds very balanced, but has huge amounts of gain

The Duncan Full Shred is an excellent replacement for the JB. It handles palm-muting much better, doesn't get muddy on the low end, and is generally very "crisp" compared to the JB. It does have somewhat scooped mids, but it still has the JB's clarity for leads. The DiMarzio Steve's Special is another good choice. Those are my pickups of choice for thrash and death, as I'm not a fan of EMGs.

Vital Remains said:
dimarzio evo bridge super distortion or x2n in the neck

I don't think I'd put an X2N in the neck of any guitar.

X2N in the bridge, and an Air Norton in the neck is a great combo.