Advice on this tone. (real mic this time..lol)

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
Well i finally got a mic in my place, i think it sounds good with my amp.

Its a Sennheiser 835. I picked it up cause it was on sale for $70 and GC doest have the i5 in stock (i had to order it so i picked this up in the in the mean time.)

Its actually a vocal mic but the guy in GC said he got some decent results using it on guitar.

So i came home fired up my rig and recorded some rythm parts. I think i like it.

Id like some opinions on what you think.

http://www.vegasgothic.com/Darkness_test.mp3

The playing is a bit sloppy, but you get the idea.

Sounds pretty damn good to me allready, Guru!

Could use a bit more thickness to it, but for what it does, it does the job pretty good...

guitarguru777 said:
Yea but its not a live bass. Its a Soundfont. Unfortunately i dont have a bass availalble when i did it.

Its a solid state amp so that may be why it sounds so thin.

The soundfont bass won't be helping, try and record the bass part with your guitar (on a clean channel) and pitch shift it. It's worked in the past for me.

guitarguru777 said:
O ... and let me add its a $250 cheapo Guitar also ...lol A rogue 7 string duned to drop D
woah a rogue? interesting. I was thinking of picking up a rogue sitar ;)

the tone sounds good. I'd strongly recommend getting a tube amp if/when you can afford it. I used S.S. for about 12 years, and the very day I recorded through a tube amp (more or less by accident) my mind was instantly changed. :)

Oh i totally agree .. but unfortunately my life recently went to a shambles and had to sell off everything i had. Honestly i never thought i would play again .... anyway ... I owned an ADA Mp1 for years, a Digittech 2101, and a 5150 one of the 1st ones made.

I was just wanting to see what you guys thought. I think its pretty impressive for a $250 amp.