How's this clean tone? (Engl Blackmore clip)

I like it!!!

And the 'seem like out of tune' thing is definitely the chorus effect. I don't like much chorus. Much better taking a good clean tone like this and go fo a little of reverb.

I use a similar tone when i dial in my Squier strat with EMG SA, Pod XT Vox model and a little subtle flanger (so low in the mix -15-) that you can barely hear it.

Fabbio said:
I like it!!!

And the 'seem like out of tune' thing is definitely the chorus effect. I don't like much chorus. Much better taking a good clean tone like this and go fo a little of reverb.

I use a similar tone when i dial in my Squier strat with EMG SA, Pod XT Vox model and a little subtle flanger (so low in the mix -15-) that you can barely hear it.

Thanks man! Yeah, I could probably afford to use a bit less chorus, I just used a preset in Kristal of "light" chorus. I just got that recording program (along with most of my other recording stuff), so I really didn't even know it had chorus and reverb until I was messing with it the other day.

yea man that definitely sounds nice, little out of tune, but you're showing the sound, not the tuning. Those Engls sound beef man, I'm familiar with the Savage and the Powerball, I had no idea any of the Engls could a get a clean quite that though...well done.

ShokaiShimizu said:
yea man that definitely sounds nice, little out of tune, but you're showing the sound, not the tuning. Those Engls sound beef man, I'm familiar with the Savage and the Powerball, I had no idea any of the Engls could a get a clean quite that though...well done.

Yeah man, the clean channel on the Blackmore is beautiful. My friend who owns a Fender Princeton Chorus was blown away with the Engl's clean...and the brutal gain! :D

Yea, Engl's are on my "all time" list of amps I must buy someday, like the same list that the entire Diezel and Bogner product ranges are on, as well as some Mesa DC amps, and Lee Jackson and/or Bogner modded Marshalls.

I remember a while ago when Seven Witches opened for Symphony X here in NY, and Jack Frost was playing his custom Jackson firebird through a Powerball half stack and it was just devistating.

ShokaiShimizu said:
Yea, Engl's are on my "all time" list of amps I must buy someday, like the same list that the entire Diezel and Bogner product ranges are on, as well as some Mesa DC amps, and Lee Jackson and/or Bogner modded Marshalls.

I remember a while ago when Seven Witches opened for Symphony X here in NY, and Jack Frost was playing his custom Jackson firebird through a Powerball half stack and it was just devistating.

Well, my Blackmore was priced pretty fair...compared to Diezels and Bogners...I got it for $1300 shipped on Ebay, only 4 months old and looks and plays like new. I've seen used Fireball's go for about $800-900, which is very fair considering how awesome they sound. I'd really like to try the Engl cabs as well, the Engl XXL 4x12 and the Bogner Uberkab are said to be the best cabs out there.