Advice! XLR from Interface to Axe Fx

Alphanumeric

Jul 12, 2013
UK
OK so my interface is the Roland Quad Capture, and at the moment I'm hooking it up to my Axe fx ultra with some balanced planet waves XLR-XLR, however its listed as a microphone cable

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/planet-wav...ophone-cable?gclid=CKqwgvHA6bgCFUbHtAodZFYANA

It works all fine, no problems as far as I can tell, however being a mic cable ... I assume this isn't the right way to go ... or is it!? :(

I know for any studio connections Mogami, Van Damme, Neutrik are the big hitters, but I simply do not have the money to spend here :cry:

guitar > axe-fx > interface.

i use the balanced XLR outs on the axe and connect them using XLR cables to the balanced XLR input of my interface.

"mic cable" is just a stupid term, so no worries about that.

guitar > axe-fx > interface.

i use the balanced XLR outs on the axe and connect them using XLR cables to the balanced XLR input of my interface.

"mic cable" is just a stupid term, so no worries about that.

Yep thats' exactly what I'm doing with mine, was just a bit weary of the mic cable label,

hmm, my complete home setup is connected with VOVOX, i bought them because of the durability though, not sure about the signal quality in general compared to cheap cables.
in general, if you do not experience any problems there's no need to upgrade the cables IMHO.