AeneA- A real beastly band I've been mixing

Greg is the most patient person anyone could ask to work with! we are extremely happy with how things are turning out! greg knows guitar tone like nobodys bussiness.

Nice! That's definitely some cool music.

Mix-wise I'd personally prefer a bit more clarity across the midbass/low mid spectrum, but maybe for progressive-edged music you need a bit of a cloud going on there for vibe.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It's been a very exciting project.

Nice! That's definitely some cool music.

Mix-wise I'd personally prefer a bit more clarity across the midbass/low mid spectrum, but maybe for progressive-edged music you need a bit of a cloud going on there for vibe.

This mix wasn't an easy one, there are upwards of 28 tracks playing at once during some of these parts, drums included. Everything was recorded on an M-Audio Delta 1010LT with no external preamps... it was basically the lowest budget recording you'll ever hear in your life of this caliber, but I think the mixes still turned out pretty darned good :)

Some great editing work by Kyle Odell and Jeff on this one :headbang:

If anyone is curious about any elements of the mix, I'd be happy to answer questions.

Big thanks to kyle and Jeff for there editing skills! This project would definitely have not turned out the same without them!

Thanks dudes. There were a total of four amps on this record; Mark IV for leads, EVH 5150 III for rhythm right, Bogner XTC 101B for rhythm left, and Baron K2 for bass guitar and center overdubs.

Cheers :)

The kick was a blend of Lasse's and Slate's samples, as well as one of my own; the snare was a blend of Lasse's and Slate's Samples, as well as the DM4 Fatcity snare, and the toms were replaced with Superior 2.0 toms; with a bit of filtering and processing, they really do sound great, even though I wish they had a bit more midrange.

All drums had a plate verb on a send, and the entire kit was sent to a impulse based reverb to make it sound quite roomy and cohesive.