Some cool stuff I've finished recently

AEL89

Jan 22, 2009
Hey dudes,

I wanted to share some cool stuff that I've been working on recently. Both are metal bands - which has been fun because I don't actually record much metal or heavy stuff too often.

First up is a beast of a project that me and a friend worked on. The band is called Chapters and this took nearly a year to complete. They play a hybrid of prog and thrash with some death metal vibes too. Check it out, I think a lot of you might like it:

I tracked most parts other than acoustic guitars (the instruments for this song were actually tracked a few years ago but has been re-mixed along with the new stuff). Mix and re-amping was done by a fine producer called Sam Burden, very talented and I've learnt an insane amount from him. Mastered by Moulder Masters. Guest vocals coming from Josh from Sylosis in this one too. Keep an eye out for more stuff if you're feeling these vibes - the album is solid and they're drumming up some real interest already.

And here is a track from an album I mixed by a band called Bloodloss:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1041607/01 The_Struggle.mp3

Straight up metal core basically. Unfortunately I only got DIs, midi for drums and real cymbals, all of which weren't really tracked to a great standard but we're all happy with the final product. Jens Bogren mastered the album.

Both cool bands in my opinion so I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds awesome. Wish I could get my mixes sounding like that... I'm currently very disappointed with the quality of my mixes... :(

Sounds nice and solid man. A little bit more lowend would have been nice overall. Chapters seems to be a really nice band, interesting music for sure. Keep up the good work!!!

Amp was my JMP wasnt it?

Yeh. Sick Amp. 2 tube-screamers in front of it! Ha!

Chapters is pretty mind-blowing! Excellent work.

Cheers! Can't take all the credit as it was my friend who mixed!

Sounds nice and solid man. A little bit more lowend would have been nice overall. Chapters seems to be a really nice band, interesting music for sure. Keep up the good work!!!

Yeh they're a cool band in the metal genre imo. Funny dudes too.