After Snowfall

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
Hey guys! Currently the only Redemption album I have is Snowfall, and I enjoy it quite a bit. I've had it for a while and for some reason never got around to getting any of their other releases until now. Which CD would you recommend I get next? I'm not sure where to go from here.

The live album "Frozen in the Moment" is a good way to go, in my humble opinion. Its a bit more rough around the edges, but it will give you a good idea of some of the other songs. But i would DEFINITELY say "The Fullness of Time" should be the next album. Not a bad song on it. Has a 4-song epic, where each song can stand on its own, but makes a great epic of about 20 minutes in length. Then get "Origins of Ruin". Solid album. Save the first for last. Different singer. That album never really did anything for me.

Can't go wrong with any of them. I do agree with Beowulf, the first album will take a little effort on your part. I really didn't think they could top Origins and Snowfall, but I think their latest is my favorite.

My introduction to Redemption was The Origins of Ruin, but I just couldn't get into it. Two years later I decided to give them another shot, and Snowfall on Judgment Day clicked instantly. I went back to Origins and it also clicked. The Fullness of Time is great too. Work your way backwards I guess. You also have their latest, This Mortal Coil which pretty amazing too, although it did take me some time to appreciate it.

totally agree with the "frozen"/"fullness of time" combo. while i think that snowfall is the finest all-around prog metal album since images and words, there's just something about fullness.