Belated Thanksgivings

Bamafan

Sep 11, 2010
Heart of Dixie
I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago, but life got in the way.

I am thankful that Redemption came into being. I really stepped away from metal for at least a decade. When I was worried about chasing co-eds, getting into bars on fake IDs, and scrounging together enough cash to make it through the month, songs about living after midnight and goofy power metal about wizards seemed fitting. But as my worries matured into concerns about surviving med school and residency with my humanity intact, mortgages, and the complexities of adult relationships, it seemed like I was leaving metal behind. Fast forward to several years ago. Somehow I stumbled onto The Origins of Ruin. Who the hell was this band that wrote and played songs that addressed grown up concerns while satisfying my love for aggressive music? My love affair with music was rekindled. For that I am very grateful.

I'm also grateful to Nick, for apparently being stubborn, and his oncologist for pushing the envelope until it explodes. According to standard medical thought, Nick's disease was a matter of when, not if. I had been trying to figure out how I could take time off to catch a Redemption show, quite a challenge since I'm in a metal wasteland, when I read about Nick's diagnosis. Selfishly, I figured I'd never get to seem them in a live setting. I'm very happy to be wrong. Even though Glenn picked my Kingcrow sponsorship bid over my Redemption one, I am thrilled to get a chance to see Redemption live at ProgPower next year. I don't know if the band members have traded in Busch for pinot noirs and rieslings the way that I have, but an offer to tip a thankful glass together is on the table. Thanks guys.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Cheers, Bama. Cheers, Redemption fans. And a big cheers to Nick and the guys. Happy holidays.

Thank you both very, very much. I appreciate your support both of the band and of me as I continue down this interesting little journey...which hopefully ends happily in a year or so!

I do enjoy a good glass of wine so let's have that Pinot! :)