Live in Atlanta 2?

Edd037

Dec 5, 2010
Last time Redemption played ProgPower USA they recorded a live DVD. Now, with 2 more studio albums under their belt, it would be great to see a new live DVD.

There are several benefits to making a DVD of the PP USA show.

1) The show is already filmed, so making a DVD would be cheaper.

2) The last DVD was filmed at PP USA so making another DVD there would provide a nice symmetry.

I believe in the last DVD Ray had a cold and was struggling with his voice (particularly in the first half of the show - he was brilliant by the time they played Sapphire!). I was also lucky enough to see Redemption in London last year and there were problems with the keyboard backing track. It would be great to see a Redemption set where there were no such constraints on their performance.

Also, Snowfall and This Mortal Coil are brilliant albums (I hesitate to call any Redemption album my favourite because the last four have all been exceptional). It would be amazing to have a DVD of them being performed live.

So,

1) Would you like to see a new live DVD and if so would PP USA be the best place to record it?

2) Is it feasible financially for a band the size of Redemption to record another live DVD?

3) What songs would you like to see played - a classic set list covering all of their catalogue but with some overlap of their last DVD or a set focussing on the last two albums?

I was thinking the same thing the other day! Some bands, like Rush, used to put out a live album/DVD systematically. Rush, for years, would put out a live album after every 4 studio albums. Some more frequently than that!

I've mentioned to Nick that now is a perfect time to release another live album, considering it will keep Redemption on the radar while Ray is working with FW this year. And I do agree, that releasing the show from PP USA would definitely lend some continuity.

I've mentioned what my dream set-list would be. Though I would like a bit more Snowfall.

I would love for them to have their appearance at PPUSA to be released as a DVD if Glenn decides to film the festival this year. I would think he would since each band is getting at least an hour setlist. I might be at ProgPower so that would be an extra bonus as well! :headbang:

I would love it if they made another DVD. I actually haven't picked up Frozen In The Moment yet (Ray being what's holding me back, but really, he isn't that bad) but he's been on fire from the live videos on Youtube I've seen. Hopefully he's just as good when they play Progpower and they film it!!!!!

I sure hope so since I wont be able to make PP this year. Just can't swing the cash. A new live DVD would be a great help for us broke ass people who can't see them in Atlanta.