Agalloch doing shows for you east coasters

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
Portland, Oregon's AGALLOCH will be main support on THE GATHERING's upcoming North American tour, which is tentatively scheduled to kick off on February 12, 2004. Among the cities the band are tentatively planning on hitting during the trek are New York, Boston and Toronto, with two or three more in the works. More information will be made available soon.

Yeah I strongly recomend you go see them live. I saw them in SF and it was great. Heavier then the albums actualy. They had awesome longsleeved shirts for only ten bucks too!

argh and I had to miss them on the west coast, is The Gathering doing a full tour? because I will see them regardless.

as for it not being about opeth....anyone with THAT in their sig holds no authority whatsoever, even the anal raping machine has you as its bitch.

How exactly did they "fall flat" at the SF show?? If I was watching the same show as you were they were spot on. They played most of their best songs, did so flawlessly, with a lot of energy, and they hung out with the crowd afterwords. What more could you ask for? I drove two hours to see that show and I never regretted one minute of it. Anyone who can should go see Agalloch in concert.

Triste said:
Hm...I thought they fell flat at the SF show.

Lets see, its kind of hard to remember (it didn't help that I didn't help that I only bought Pale Folklore that night at the show), but heres the ones I do remember:

They opened with that part from She Painted Fire... pt 1 where theres that warlike drum rhythem being beated over and over and they burned incence (which was from the wood called agalloch actualy). At other points they played some of the other portions of She Painted Fire... I remember they did Dead Winter Days which was awesome. They did Odal, which used to bore me, but I realy liked it live. I think they did "You Were a Ghost in My Arms" but I could be wrong there. Now the two highlights: "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion" was amazing. You know that soft part, where they sing "I walked down to a river..." they made that part heavy with screamed vocals, damn that sounded great. They closed with "The Lodge" on elcectric guitars. It just got more and more intence until it just peaked (sorta think of how The Hawthorne Passage sounds) at which point they threw their intsruments all over the place. Cliched? Yes. Effective? Yes? It was truly an excellent show, especailly when I remember it was their 3rd live performance ever. I can't wait to see them again, hope they play some new stuff at the east coast shows (I've been hearing rumors of a new album, though I've had no ligit facts to back that up...)

All my favorite songs are there . Thanks . I wish I could see them :/

Same thing I thought going into the show, with all the interplay between acoustics and electrics you'd never think they'd pull it off. But they realy did, all they had to do was make a few parts a bit heavier and wow....