Agalloch - Feb 14th NYC - Interview Questions

JayKeeley said:
Well, the only way to find out is to check with the venue!!! Be optimistic!
Well, not to poo-poo this, but 2 things: one, I've never ever ever been able to ring up L'amours and actually have someone answer the phone. two, it's enough of a strain to stand still and audio-record for 30-45 minutes at a time, so I'm not really looking forward to standing still while trying to hold a MiniDV cam steady for the same amount of time. :)

markgugs said:
Well, not to poo-poo this, but 2 things: one, I've never ever ever been able to ring up L'amours and actually have someone answer the phone. two, it's enough of a strain to stand still and audio-record for 30-45 minutes at a time, so I'm not really looking forward to standing still while trying to hold a MiniDV cam steady for the same amount of time. :)
Right. I figured video footage of Agalloch would be 'worth' more than regular old audio for trading purposes etc.

JayKeeley said:
Right. I figured video footage of Agalloch would be 'worth' more than regular old audio for trading purposes etc.
Yeah, I mean you are most likely right, though in all my trading communities, I've never seen anyone even mention them o_O

If we can pull it off at all, it's gonna be a JayKeeley/markgugs memento :) Unless of course the band wants to use it on an official release...as they indicated they would want a copy... :dopey:

OK read your post, Mark. Those are good points. If you get a greenlight from L'Amours, I wonder how feasible it would be to just stick your digiCAM to a tripod?

I wouldn't be surprised if Agalloch will use this bootleg material to create an eventual DVD release a la Cliff 'em All. It's certainly a cheaper option than using a professional film crew etc, and that just wouldn't be Agalloch's style otherwise.

I'm not surprised that many people aren't looking for Agalloch bootlegs - they're such a cult band at this moment in time. Recording Agalloch now is the equivalent of catching Opeth on their Orchid/Morningrise era, when it was all still special.

JayKeeley said:
OK read your post, Mark. Those are good points. If you get a greenlight from L'Amours, I wonder how feasible it would be to just stick your digiCAM to a tripod?

I wouldn't be surprised if Agalloch will use this bootleg material to create an eventual DVD release a la Cliff 'em All. It's certainly a cheaper option than using a professional film crew etc, and that just wouldn't be Agalloch's style otherwise.

I'm not surprised that many people aren't looking for Agalloch bootlegs - they're such a cult band at this moment in time. Recording Agalloch now is the equivalent of catching Opeth on their Orchid/Morningrise era, when it was all still special.
If L'Amours AND Agalloch are on the same page, it would be VERY feasible to set up with a tripod, and very easy as well. I would just need a tripod. :D

JayKeeley said:
NJ? I'm just grateful that they managed to get to the East Coast.
Werd.

If you want to see them that bad, then saying "I wish they played in NJ" when they're playing 15 miles away in Brooklyn is a lame excuse for not seeing them. o_O

I wish they played in my apartment so I wouldn't have to leave my home.

NYC SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!!! FUCK!

VENUE HAS NOT RE-OPENED FROM REFURBISHMENTS.

No wonder Andreas is currently in NY - I have to believe that he is looking for other venues in the NY/NJ area....

...if not, I have to consider going to Boston the following night, but what a pain in the ass, especially since it's a Sunday night.

Un-fucking-real.

And my sure thing job fell through today due to "structural reorganization." Add to that the fact that Optimum Online suspended my cable modem service for 1 week for "abuse," and it's not been a good day. Motherfuckers.

markgugs said:
And my sure thing job fell through today due to "structural reorganization." Add to that the fact that Optimum Online suspended my cable modem service for 1 week for "abuse," and it's not been a good day. Motherfuckers.
Oh. my. god.

And what the hell is "abuse" in the eyes of Optimum Online? So you back to 56K modem access for a while?

JayKeeley said:
Oh. my. god.

And what the hell is "abuse" in the eyes of Optimum Online? So you back to 56K modem access for a while?
"Abuse" as defined by Optimum Online's user agreement is "running a server" or allowing a "sustained upload for multiple hours at a time."

* looks around for a server *

Hmmm, nope, I must have misplaced it. I tried to explain that I use a program called NetLimiter, which allows the end-user (me) to cap my own download and upload speeds to avoid just such a problem. But in their own words: "Well, your program must have failed." Riiiiiggghhhttt, it couldn't be your FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT AUTO-SCRIPT THAT MADE THE MISTAKE, RIGHT? YOU FUCKING DIMWITTED MOTHERFUCKER?!!!!111!!!1!

My final words to them on the issue were "Good luck getting me to pay for my service again, asshole." Click.

As for dial-up...well, yeah, it's really my only option. But even then, it's not a good one. Only one phone line. You can figure it out.

Black Winter Day said:
would you like for me to interview them, jaykeeley?
That would be good mate. I have interview questions drafted already which you can use if you like.

I just need to talk to Andreas @ The End to coordinate you hooking up with Haughm, and I have to work out if I can even make it to the show in Boston the following night. They're playing at a venue called The Middle East - it's like a little pub.

I just don't want to miss Agalloch. According to the guy who posted this cancellation update in the The End forum, they've simply added a second night in Toronto, instead of finding an alternative venue in NY/NJ which, to me, is just shocking considering the choice at hand.