Agalloch

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafu947

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2009
Okay, I'm sure this post will make me sound, well, kind of like an idiot, but you should go with your strengths, right?

I discovered Agalloch a while back. Really dig their music, the feel, the imagery, the whole shebang. I've been wanting to get in contact with any/all of them for a while now. Been searching the internet and what not, and sending out emails to folks that may be helpful.

Found out they were in Berlin last night, looked that up, and lo and behold find this site. Became a member, and found a someone fairly close to the band on this site.

And here is where the "idiot" thing comes in. Ever hear of those guys that are so into a band they are able to make contact with them, and end up becoming friends with the band? I'd really like to be one of "those" guys. This is just an effort to perhaps find a person or two who might be able to help me "meet" these guys.

I know, I know...sounds dumb (and I hope it doesn't come off sounding "stalker" like). Way I figured it, it at least wouldn't hurt to ask, right?

So, yeah, that's about it.

Thanks for everyones time.

Wm.T. Ripley

Well tagradh, I knew it sounded ridiculous when I typed it. But, if it gets me to where I want, I'm okay with that I reckon.

Hope you enjoy tomorrow nights show...I'm jealous.

Wm.T.

I don't know. It all sounds a little odd. JWW and Don Anderson are both pretty prevalent among the internet...both have myspaces and last.fms. Haughm is a bit more obscure. He floats by UltimateMetal on the RoyalCarnage board every now and then.

Why do you want to contact them? If it's just to tell them how much you appreciate their music that's one thing...otherwise it sounds kind of creepy

Yeah unknown, I also know it can seem creepy. That's not the intent (and yeah, I know, this is the internet, and EVERYTHING that is read on the internet can be believed, right).

You actually posed a good question. "Why" I want to contact them. Yes, partially for the music. Partially to have some contact with musicians I really respect. And yeah, partially to say "hey, I was able to talk with...". Maybe there are other reasons, I'm just sort of shooting off the cuff here. I'm really trying to not make this sound "creepy". Apparently not very well. And yeah, I did find that Haughm cruises by here once in a while.

I'm sort of starting to think now that perhaps this wasn't one of my brighter ideas...reckon I'll just add it to the seemingly ever growing list.

Wm.T.

Hey AchrisK,
Huh. I had no idea. The "snafu", for my little tag line, has to do with the WWII connotation...Situation Normal All F***** Up. At age 16 I began contacting WWII vets by post, and when I finally got around to using the internet (yeah, there are some WWII vets online, and know way more about it then I ever hope to), I figured "snafu" would be something they'd recognize. It worked.

Wm.T.

http://www.last.fm/user/sculptured

Here's Don Anderson's Last.fm account. I've talked to him a few times there before and he sometimes shouts on the Agalloch page. Have fun stalking him. I doubt he'll actually mind as long as you aren't trying to solicit him for sex or anything weird like that.

I've been getting a bit tired of Agalloch's sound. At first they are pretty good, then its like. What am I listening to.

^Nah not for me. I thrown on Pale Folklore or The Mantle at least once a week for the last few years now and have yet to get tired of their sound.

as far as what the threadstarter is asking, if he would have kept it simple it wouldn't have seemed creepy.

i love agalloch. its beautiful yet haunting. i play ashes against the grain quite a bit. actually, itll probably make it into my car tomorrow
~gR~

I love Agalloch's music, they are becoming one my favorite bands...but I don't think I'd like to meet them IRL. I read an online interview with one of the band members and he was very arrogant and condescending. I understand taking music seriously, but laugh at people who take themselves that seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.