Agalloch - is it over?

I don't remember being too impressed by Ashes Against the Grain when it came out but I still love the first two albums. I'll have to give the former another listen and check out the rest of their material.

I'm kind of sad to hear that they broke up, but it's more that things got to that point that is sad. They did some pretty kickass stuff when they were synergized, but became so disenfranchised the last few albums. Maybe now the musicians can create something good with new groups, but that never seems to end up being the case after bands like this break up...

I believe it was.
For discussion's sake, could you justify this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but it is a left-of-center opinion that could generate some useful points if you went more in-depth as to why you disagree with the majority.

I believe Marrow was the most organic and compelling sound of all the Agalloch albums. It kinda helps also, that the folk elements were turned down a slight tad in favor of a more black metal style.

Not to say that Agalloch does folk metal badly, quite the opposite; Agalloch is one of the few folky bands that I can actually stand to listen to. But Marrow was a very welcome surprise for me.

I believe Marrow was the most organic and compelling sound of all the Agalloch albums. It kinda helps also, that the folk elements were turned down a slight tad in favor of a more black metal style.

Not to say that Agalloch does folk metal badly, quite the opposite; Agalloch is one of the few folky bands that I can actually stand to listen to. But Marrow was a very welcome surprise for me.

While I don't agree that Marrow is the peak, I do agree that it is an excellent album in part for the reasons mentioned above. It's certainly severely underrated on this forum.