Agalloch

HoursOfDebt

Perfect Tantrum...
Jul 18, 2007
Seattle
www.myspace.com
EDIT:

NEW NEWS>

Agalloch News! New Release, Shows, New Drummer...
Body: Agalloch will finally release “The White EP” through Vendlus Records in early 2008. It is the follow-up to 2004’s “The Grey EP” and completes a dichotomy of releases for the label. “The White EP” contains seven dark folk and ambient works written and recorded over the past 3 years.

“The White EP” tracklisting:
1. The Isle Of Summer
2. Birch Black
3. Hollow Stone
4. Pantheist
5. Birch White
6. Sowilo Rune
7. Summerisle Reprise

Also, the band has two European gigs confirmed for next year. We will be playing the 5th edition of the annual Ragnarök Festival in Germany alongside Negura Bunget, Skyforger, Menhir, Haggard, Sear Bliss, Unleashed, and several others. This will be followed by a headlining gig in Belgium with Mourning Beloveth (UK) and In Age And Sadness (Hol). Of course, a couple gigs in our native Pacific Northwest will be played before we head off to Europe. More info regarding that will be forthcoming.

2008 live dates:
March - TBA – Portland, OR - TBA
March - TBA – Seattle, WA – TBA
March 28th – Lichtenfels, Germany - Stadthalle
March 29th – Vosselaar, Belgium - Biebob

Finally, we have parted ways with Chris Greene as our live drummer. His replacement is Aesop Dekkar from Ludicra

I just picked up "The Mantle" a couple days ago. It is amazing (as most of you know, im sure). I was wondering if somebody could tell me what CD of theirs I should buy next?

i love agalloch. some on this forum definetly hate them, but they are the perfect band to listen to for this autumn weather. ashes against the grain is my fav.

With winter approaching, imo, pick up "Pale Folklore." There's not a better album for winter time than this. The atmosphere itself is phenominal. A fuckin' beautiful piece of work!!

Everything need to be said is already said, so, nothing left but saying that Agalloch are amazing (Very non-american sounding. I wouldve thought theyre Swedes or something..) and very complex band.
I just love AATG, but with those guys you cant fall hard.

It depends on your taste which album you should try next. Pale Folklore, their first full lenght release, is more metal (or "grey-metal", a term Agalloch likes best for the genre they're playing) then their latest material. If you like more the post-rock then you should try Ashes Against The Grain.
My personal top is:
1) The Mantle
2) Pale Folklore (+ EP's)
3) Ashes Against The Grain

Have a few of there tracks and really like 'dead winter days' and will check out the recommendations but for the retarded like myself, how exactly is the name Agolloch pronounced?

The Mantle is definitely their best release. Ashes is the most polished.. Pale Folklore being the sloppiest. Prepare for the worst guitar solo in Agalloch history on Pale Folklore.. And one of the worst solos ever in fact!

Well, if you picked up The Mantle first, you already have their best album, and IMHO, one of the best albums EVER! Although I prefer AATG over PF, you really can't go wrong with either one now. AGALLOCH RULES!!!!

Pale Folklore is the only Agalloch album that i can listen to without getting extremely bored, because the other albums are a snorefest. Overrated band imo.