AGALLOCH To Release 'The White EP' In Early 2008

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
Pacific Northwest band AGALLOCH will finally release "The White EP" through Vendlus Records in early 2008. It is the follow-up to 2004's "The Grey EP" and completes a dichotomy of releases for the label. "The White EP" contains seven dark folk and ambient works written and recorded over the past three years.

"The White EP" track listing:

01. The Isle Of Summer
02. Birch Black
03. Hollow Stone
04. Pantheist
05. Birch White
06. Sowilo Rune
07. Summerisle Reprise

In other news, AGALLOCH has two European gigs confirmed for next year. The ban says, "We will be playing the fifth edition of the annual Ragnarök Festival in Germany alongside NEGURA BUNGET, SKYFORGER, MENHIR, HAGGARD, SEAR BLISS, UNLEASHED, and several others. This will be followed by a headlining gig in Belgium with MOURNING BELOVETH (UK) and IN AGE AND SADNESS (Holland). Of course, a couple gigs in our native Pacific Northwest will be played before we head off to Europe. More info regarding that will be forthcoming."

Also on the AGALLOCH front, the band parted ways with drummer Chris Greene and has replaced him with Aesop from LUDICRA.

AGALLOCH released its critically acclaimed album, "Ashes Against the Grain" in August 2007 via The End Records.

What the fuck was The Grey EP?

2 song EP. The first track, The Lodge (Dismantled), was a different approach to the song, more like something you'd hear from AATG. Really cool. The second track, however, was an ambient version of Odal. I really didn't like that.

So in other words different interpretations of old songs...doesn't really bother me that I'd never heard it then. This interests me though.

Matt(Demilich): I do bring it up all the time, and I know it's annoying... but whatever.

EDIT: Matt: But it really does suck

Seven unreleased compositions, some of which predate Ashes? I liked The Grey EP (Necuratul: Both songs are rendered nearly unrecognizable, so don't let the familiar titles put you off), but this should prove to have more value beyond rarity and/or completism...

Aesop is awesome. I think this EP will be excellent.

Oh wait, I KNOW it is, because I have a copy of it.

No, I don't. Or do I?