Agalloch

stabface

New Metal Member
Jul 26, 2005
Does anyone else know this band? I saw a review and found the new album online it is amazing! I am ordering this when it comes out I think i am going to get the other ablums too..

I was just wondering if they are well known and some how i just missed them
also what genre would you put these guys in?

sorry of the myspace bomb but i couldn't find a better link to offer if you don't know them.

http://www.myspace.com/agalloch

I posted this in a few other forums but I think i am going to get a real answer here,

Agalloch is, at the moment, my favorite band. The Mantle is musical perfection. Pale Folklore and Ashes Against The Grain are both very awesome albums as well.

Yeah, they're incredibly good. Surprisingly, they're from the US.

Yeah, they're pretty well known in the extreme/underground metal scene. They're considered Folk Metal most of the time. Other times, Pagen Folk.

Personally, I don't care much for what I've heard from the new album. Everything before that is great, especially Pale Folklore.

Ex-cally-boo said:
You probably should, there are alot more post-rock elements in it ... so you may just like it :p

no there isn't (post-rock sucks tho except for like 2 bands so it's okay)(also the two bands are talk talk and bark psychosis)

anyway it's pretty okay i guess, i only listened to it once

I might see their supposedly second to last show for a while[as is listed on the end records site] which is next week on the fourth in SF.

If Agalloch had a really good second vocalist for the clean vocals I would probably be a fan. The clean vocal sections in the song just kill it for me. Agalloch has some neat musical ideas.

The vocalists clean vocals are just plain awful imo. Sometimes growlers should just not attempt to sing. I'm one of those persons that is not understanding what the big deal is regarding this band.

The Greys said:
If Agalloch had a really good second vocalist for the clean vocals I would probably be a fan. The clean vocal sections in the song just kill it for me. Agalloch has some neat musical ideas.

The vocalists clean vocals are just plain awful imo. Sometimes growlers should just not attempt to sing.
you just suck.