Aghora anyone???

Dieblo

The L O N G E S T member
Aug 16, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I can't believe that this excelent band doesn't have the acknowledgment that it deserves. Aghora is a prog with jazzy and middle-estern infuences, the guitarwork and the female mezzo-soprano vocals are simply amazing. If you guys don't know them I highly suggest that you download their MP3 clips at www.aghora.org.

How many people here actually know this band??

Great band (musically) but the female vocalist is crap....too many pitch related problems. Granted it would be tough singing over some of those riffs but its the most cringe worthy attempt i've heard since the chick on Bruford's 'Feels Good to Me'. Sean Malone is amazing though. I just can't sit through the whole cd.

I kinda like the bass lines, but their guitar tone isn't to appealing to me. I think it's the real media samples that makes the tone sound that way, but I need to hear higher quality samples before I can really judge their tone.

For some reason, some of the samples reminded me of cynic.

bball_1523 said:
For some reason, some of the samples reminded me of cynic.
Perhaps because Sean Malone and Sean Reinert (and who knows who else) play in Aghora??:) And no, it's not real media samples... the guitar soundwork (if this makes any sense) is really shitty

To me Anishta's vocals are one of the best treats in the CD, and yeah I forgot to mention the bass lines of Malone, which are spellbinding. BTW I heard roadrunner is remastering Cynic's focus, does anyone know about this??

I used to dig them a lot, but found that most of their stuff sounds like less successful spin-offs of the couple of good tracks that they had (Immortal Bliss, Kali Yuga). Kind of one-dimensional. I'm also less than impressed with the vocalist, especially after hearing a live bootleg.

The band has insane potential, though, I'll give them that. And Santiago Dobles can definitely play guitar! :worship:

Dieblo said:
To me Anishta's vocals are one of the best treats in the CD, and yeah I forgot to mention the bass lines of Malone, which are spellbinding. BTW I heard roadrunner is remastering Cynic's focus, does anyone know about this??
It's been out for quite some time. The CD includes all the tracks from the original material, plus 3 remixes of the original cd and 3 tracks from the portal project.