Ah I've missed my PodXT... A quick question though...

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
Got the little red bastard back after it being on long-term loan to another band member.

Lately on my home set up I've just been using my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and Revalver. ReValver + impulses is infinitely better than anything the Pod can produce IMO, but once you start piling on the plug-ins it does get incredibly difficult to keep the latency down for monitoring whilst tracking after you've mixed the song a fair bit...

With the pod however you can monitor with pod tones, but record DI, so no need to monitor in real time through the DAW.

My question, though, is this:

Will my DI's be better quality through the Focusrite than DI's recorded through the pod? I'd like to believe they are but the convenience of the pod method seems rather.. well... convenient! for tracking guitar DI's, then loading on Revalver and using the Focusrite as the main soundcard after everything's been tracked.

I will actually be using the pod itself for some tones, cleans and leads mainly, on pre-prod tracks and the like, but as an interface it really is a heap of crap :lol: so I'd rather just keep it for tracking, and even then only if the DI's are of equal quality to the Saffire.