ahhh! need your help for tomoz! plus awsome tip!

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
right...

re-recording guitars on one of my bands tracks coz they (including bass) sound AWFUL!!!!
listen at www.myspace.com/downinruin
(sounds better in real life, you should know how bad myspace compresses shit)

i cant get into the studio for a good few days. so gonna re-record them at home. at home the best mics i can find is... an SM58 and... my fantastic Rode NT2-a

now.. i dont have a guitar amp (which is kewl atm) because.....(time for tip) if you have a decent guitar FX pedal and plug it into a realy good beafy bass amp like i got (peavy TNT(of some kind 400w)) you can get the most AMAZING, BEAFY, TONE CRUSHING, GRANNY DISTROYING, beautiful guitar sound from it.

i dunno what it is.. but a good pedal plugged into a bass amp will sound better than any guitar amp you use (try it, sounds better when you plug a good head into it)

so... i dunno wat one of the multi-FX pedals i'm using is (but its good) and the other one is a little blue v-amp (which has been both good and shit in the past) i also some some crappy cheap multi-FX thing that was like £120 taht i'll look at.

so.... i come to my conclusion and final question.....

from listening to the style of my bands music

could you all give ideas on the best way to go about mic-ing my big bass amp. ( as in position etc and mic usage)

got a RODE NT-a and a SM58 at home.

and i'm obviously gonna be experimenting for a good,beefy guitar tone on the three pedals i have.

but i'm doing all this tomoz.. so i'd like to get some good tips quick!

Cheeers guys!

I think you'll find since this is such an unorthodox method that it will be just try it and see, I don't think many people do this, but good luck with it. I would use the PodXT myself, but there you go.