Akefeldt - Lindgren : One of the greatest guitar duo ever ?

I reckon these are the best (and maybe most famous, too) guitar duos ever:

Glenn Tipton / KK Downing
Adrian Smith / Dave Murray
Hank Sherman / Michael Denner
Kerry King / Jeff Hanneman
Kirk Hammet / James Hetfield

Anyone have any other recommendations, please let me know... I love acoustic guitar passages...

Well, Satyricons "Dark Medieval Times" have some great acoustics. Not many, but good.

I reckon these are the best (and maybe most famous, too) guitar duos ever:

Glenn Tipton / KK Downing
Adrian Smith / Dave Murray
Hank Sherman / Michael Denner
Kerry King / Jeff Hanneman
Kirk Hammet / James Hetfield

*nods* Those are really good names, svenske...
I might also add Adrian Smith / Roy Z to the list :p

Originally posted by Light
Don't idolise these people so. They're not gods. Just skilled technicians of creativity.

Who exactly called them gods, I didn´t see it and why can´t some one like what they do and talk about ? And why in fucks name shouldn´t I idolise them, I know there are better guitar players and more technical bands with wierd time signature and what not but I don´t fucking care...
Note: I do listen to a lot of other bands and many I can´t get enough of but for some strange reason which is obviously beyond your comprihension Opeth is the one I like the most, you wanker, you! :mad: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Light
Shut up, child. Listen, and learn. Be as the lillies of the field.

I sense traumatic childhood experiences...

I understand, and agree, about the lillies though :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SculptedCold
Peter Wichers and Ola Frenning. The Chainheart Machine and A Predator's Portrait. Technical and excellently written. :headbang:

I was wondering if someone was going to mention Soilwork... I don't know why it took this long. But yes, they are amazing. I think my favorite duo list would look like this:

Peter/Ola - Soilwork
Kerry/Jeff - Slayer
Chuck/all of his other guitarists [Andy being a personal fave] - Death
Ihsahn/Samoth - Emperor
Mike/Chris - Arch Enemy
Mike/Peter - Opeth
Jon/John - Dissection
Anders/Alf - At The Gates

They're deffinatly up there but I'd have to say Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew from King Crimson. I mean listen to the album discipline, theres no way to tell where one guitar begins and the other ends. But yes Mikeal & Peter are near the top of the list.