Album Art Turn offs

RedStorm

Death has come
Apr 30, 2014
somewhere in the milky way
Do you guys have any art of albums that you looked at and it turned you off of the music?
I hate the overly gory shit that looks like some edge lord in his moms basement scratched out a random piece of paper or some guy took a picture of a random person and put a dumb fucking 'gore' filter on it they got from a phone app.

I have this problem with Nespithe, their album covers are fucking nasty

Meshuggah_-_obZen_cover.jpg

fuck this

Do you guys have any art of albums that you looked at and it turned you off of the music?
I hate the overly gory shit that looks like some edge lord in his moms basement scratched out a random piece of paper or some guy took a picture of a random person and put a dumb fucking 'gore' filter on it they got from a phone app.

I have this problem with Nespithe, their album covers are fucking nasty

Certaintly you arent referring to Demilich's cover, cause that one kicks ass.
771670.jpg

Devourment's Molesting the Decapitated is the first cover that comes to mind for this thread. I dont often listen to slam, but this album is actually pretty decent when I can get over that hideous cover.

Molesting the Decapitated's album art is perfectly jarring. It was a weird moment in my teenage life when my dad found my copy of that cd.

New thrash metal album art with an obvious political thing going on trying to copy stuff life Evildead are instant turn offs for me, off the top of my head.

CGI filth. Stupid try-hard cover photography that omits the band name and album title. Ed Repka's long in the tooth presence with a few exceptions. That anus from Baroness.

Reactions: Omni