Album Engineering?

Bloodwork

New Metal Member
Jun 17, 2005
I damn well want to know some more about how bloodbath and Jens Bogren got the last two albums so fucking brutal, NMF in particular, as an audio engineering student myself any info would be appreciated from anyone??? tecniques? equipment? effects and processing??? come on, suck my, i mean spill your gutsssssss

I heard that they spent a lot of money on Peter's vokills - to get them to sound so good. But I actually know nothing about the engineering besides that.

What's to know about engineering? You just choose volumes and pan basically. The actual sound is made from effects, like distortion, and expanding samples and such. Also there is compression and the equalisers... You really go to school for that stuff? Tsk tsk. :p

Oinkness said:
What's to know about engineering? You just choose volumes and pan basically. The actual sound is made from effects, like distortion, and expanding samples and such. Also there is compression and the equalisers... You really go to school for that stuff? Tsk tsk. :p

This is coming from a guy whos production sounds like complete ass. Sorry, but it had to be said.

Talking about the vocal production on NMF, I know it, but I have stored the mail on my partents PC, so I can post it next week.
What I remember is a Neumann TLM 103 mic, and the Urai compressor 1176 plugin in "crushmode".. I think that is when you press all ratio knobs!
Preamp was Mindprint, but I'm not shure. I'll post the correct infos next week.

You've never heard my production, ma'am.... what you may have heard was a 50kbps rip of one of my songs.

Oinkness said:
You've never heard my production, ma'am.... what you may have heard was a 50kbps rip of one of my songs.

90% of production is getting good sounds. If you had done that your opeth influenced thing would have sounded a lot better regardless of bit rate. Now please stop trying to act like a know it all, because it takes a lot of talent and practice to produce a good sounding album.

I'm late... but here it is...
The vocals are the following chain - Peters throat - Neumann M149 - Rupert
> Neve Amek Pure Path CIB - Waves L2 - straight into the rigs thru coax
> Spdif
> 24 bit 44.1 khz.
That´s some 1000 euro vocalchain for ya!!! >There is some
> software 1176 in crushmode + reneissance de-esser..that´s it...