Album of the Year...... so far?

jageorge72

Dec 13, 2001
Altoona, PA
Visit site
As far as new studio albums with new material goes, I gotta say:
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls

The ONLY song I don't really care for is "Believil". I must have replayed "Devil on a Hog" over 100 times already. Love it!

There hasnt been many awesome albums out this year yet. Leviathan comes to mind for last year, but thats about it. I like the classics :)

hmmm not much for me but i still enjoy 3 inches fo blood from last year alot. As diciple of the pit sayd aswel enemy of god is probably the best thing ive heard this year i was impressed with that actually.

The new OVER KILL is pretty good, I also love the new HOLY MOSES album but the new KREATOR sucked!

I can't wait for the new SODOM DVD, they have always been my fav thrash band....oh the new CANDLEMASS also is pretty good! But my highlight would be "angel of retribution" by PRIEST, killer album IMO!

spacebeer said:
The new OVER KILL is pretty good, I also love the new HOLY MOSES album but the new KREATOR sucked!

I can't wait for the new SODOM DVD, they have always been my fav thrash band....oh the new CANDLEMASS also is pretty good! But my highlight would be "angel of retribution" by PRIEST, killer album IMO!

What was the deal with the new Holy Moses?

I downloaded it from their site for nothing which is pretty weird for an album that just came out.

The last album I really like by them was World Chaos though.

Kreator - Enemy Of God
Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked
Fantomas - Suspended Animation
Judas Priest - Angel Of Retribution

jageorge72 said:
As far as new studio albums with new material goes, I gotta say:
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls

The ONLY song I don't really care for is "Believil". I must have replayed "Devil on a Hog" over 100 times already. Love it!

New Bruce is one of my faves so far along with the new Audioslave and System Of A Down

the new suicidal tendencies- WHEN it comes out!!!

i thought susperia's 'unlimited' was pretty damn good, but not sure if that was this or last year.

will morbid angel release a new album with dave vincent?? that would probably be my album of the year if they did that.

while I know I will enjoy the new obituary,and I have enjoyed the new primordial, the new clutch, and the new dark tranquillity, but the new Nevermore will totally rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::worship:o_O:loco::Spin:

COC and new Judas Priest were both average at best.

max said:
the new suicidal tendencies- WHEN it comes out!!!

New Suicidal Tendencies??? :Spin: I might be very interested in that!!

I'm thinking about picking up the new Nile...... is it really any different than the last three?

Heard some good things about a band called Pagan's Mind...... guess they have a new one out that's really good. Any feedback on them?

For me so far it is either the new COC or Bruce's new one. But the new Iommi/Hughes rules definately one of the best hard rock albums in years. Also I have heard the new Nevermore and while it does rule I still have to say it does not beat Dead Heart in a Dead World.

Corrosion of conformitys "In the arms of god" ans SYLs "Alien", Haven´t heard Obituarys stuff yet.

Looking forward to new Suicidal and Fear Factory (Billy Gould plays bass on a couple of tracks)!