album ratings

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
I´m interested in knowing how you enchantophiles would rate their albums from 0-10

so far I´ve only got
Blink 10
Tug 8,5

Break is on it´s way and I´m longing for Juggling.. in the near future and someday all their albums

Blueprint of the World 10/10

Wounded 10/10

Time Lost 5/10

Break 8/10

Juggling 9 or Dropping 10 8/10

Blink of an Eye 10/10

Tug of War 3/10

Xen - "84,000 Dharma Doors" 6/10

Blink - 9.5
Blueprint - 7 (it would be 9 if it wasnt for the bad production and a couple of weak tunes)
Tug ... i have this one but still didnt had the time to play it

My input. I would give all Enchant CDs a 9 or 10 in the terms of all CDs I own.
Enchant has its own scale, very picky.

Blueprint --- 9/10
Wounded ---- 7.5/10
Time Lost ----- 8/10
Break ---- 7.5/10
Juggling ---- 9/10
Blink ----- 8.5/10
Tug ------ 9.5/10 Still my favorite even after the new CD europhia has worn off

Blueprint Of The World - 5/5
Time Lost - 3,5/5
Wounded - 4/5
Break - 4/5
Juggling 9 or Dropping 10 - 4,5/5
Blink Of an Eye - 3,5/5
Tug Of War 3,5/5

Blueprint Of The World -- 10/10 (despite the tinny production my absolute favourite)
Wounded -- 7/10
Time Lost -- 8/10 ("Standing Ground" getting a fat 10/10 though!)
Break -- 8/10
Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10 -- 8/10
Blink Of An Eye -- 9/10
Tug Of War -- 8/10 (after 3 spins only, it may still grow to be a 9)

This is the "Enchant-only" scale. Compared to all discs in my collection, my favourite - Blueprint - would get a 9/10.

Fortunately I have all the albums, but I'm not going to overrate them:

Blueprint 8/10
Wounded 7/10
Tme lost 7/10
Break 6/10
Juggling 8/10
Blink 9/10
Tug 8/10

I couldn't think of any album in my collection that could get 10/10.
Blink is up there with DT's Scenes from a memory. 9.5/10 and Sun Caged 9/10

I only own the following:

Break...........7/10
Juggling 9.....8.5/10
Blink............9.0/10
Tug of War...7.5/10

Thank god for the half point system eh! Admitedly I have not listened that much to Break of Tug of War but for me personally it says something that Blink and Juggling cuaght my ear rather quickly. Still though, these guys are my favorite band out of Concord :)

Hmmm, here goes mine....yep, definitely need those 1/2 points....this includes all aspects of the disc - the songs, the perfomance, the production, etc...and of course is only my opinion!

Tug 9.5

Blink 9.0

JugDrop 8.5

Blueprint 8.0

Wounded 7.5

Time Lost 7.0

Break 6.0

I rarely give a 10.0 !!!! :)

Cheers!

Blueprint: 8.5 (Could be 9.5 with better sound quality)
Wounded: 6.5
Time Lost: 7
Break: 9
Juggling: 7.5
Blink of an Eye: 9.5
Tug of War: 9

Numbers off the top of my head and subject to change in an instant.

ProgMetalFan said:
Tug of War 3/10

Huh, this surely must be a typo, PMF --- or are you indeed *that* disappointed by the new album?! Why this sudden drop in your ratings; I mean, it's not as though Enchant have all of a sudden started to play nu-metal or the like...

Actually we were thinking that might be cool to do a backsreet boys tribute deal? maybe we could call it the backside boyz? what do ya think? :) we could do there songs in odd time signatures with lots of wanking and mellotrons?

The first all boy prog band like my buddy Jim B suggested, that might be fun hah?

And then maybe not?

Yes I am kidding! I thought this was amusing, but not 3/10 thats too low.......................... maybe 6/10 on a bad day?

Sorry, I didn't want to raise a stink or anything.. .I was just giving my honest personal ratings of the albums... Enchant is one of my favorite bands and they have created a ton of great music that means a lot to me... but I'm just not into the new album... "Sinking Sand" and "Comatose" are both masterpieces that really hit me hard... and I like "See No Evil" as well... but I'm not into the other 7 songs... sorry.

ebass said:
Actually we were thinking that might be cool to do a backsreet boys tribute deal? maybe we could call it the backside boyz? what do ya think? :) we could do there songs in odd time signatures with lots of wanking and mellotrons?
so many songs to chose from oh... the marvels, the gems :Spin:
e35939oouct.jpg

actually I think beautiful is a really beautiful song but if I was listening to Enchant for the first time that would not be the ideal song as an introduction! it has a little some parts of it could be from a boy band song:D haha!

wait a minute....You should do a DJ Bobo tribute album (maybe you americans aren´t familiar with him *cough* but he was big in Europe in 1993...)

f33781pa3g8.jpg

A Blueprint of the World - 10/10
Wounded - 7/10
Time Lost - 8/10
Break - 9/10
Juggling 9 or Dropping 10 - 7/10
Blink of an Eye - 9/10
Tug of War - 9,5/10

XEN - 84,000 Dharma Doors - 9/10

Ed talking about the Backstreet crap…*have you heard Weird Al's "Which Backstreet Boy Is Gay" Man That's Hilarious to Death