Album Recommendations

Whats with the new look Luminous- some post apocalyptic masonic science fiction? Haha

I have an album by Gamma Ray Heading for Tommorrow- it is hilarious- they have a song called money- it sounds like the smurfs recorded the vocals- in fact I actually play this album for kitsch value.

Ive never heard any Saxon- They are a Nwobm band right? I only like Priest and Maiden for that genre-

speed said:
Whats with the new look Luminous- some post apocalyptic masonic science fiction? Haha

I have an album by Gamma Ray Heading for Tommorrow- it is hilarious- they have a song called money- it sounds like the smurfs recorded the vocals- in fact I actually play this album for kitsch value.

Ive never heard any Saxon- They are a Nwobm band right? I only like Priest and Maiden for that genre-
Never heard Saxon? You don't know what you're missing. They have a lot of good songs: "Heavy Metal Thunder", "Wheels Of Steel", "Strong Arm Of The Law", "747 (Strangers In The Night)", "Denim And Leather", "Suzie Hold On"...it sort of sits between Motorhead and Maiden.

I've seen Saxon twice this year, and I don't even like them, I can take them or leave them.

Gamma Ray have some good songs, but only a couple on each album.

Blast from the past is probably your best bet, the only one Album could suggest with any real conviction is Power Plant, but even that's not great.

Just one of those bands

And Bathory I'd say "Blood, Fire, Death" or "Under The Sign Of The Black Mark"

LuminousAether said:
I cannot recommend Gamma Ray, I only recommend music that does not suck and sadly they do not fit that bill, they are horrid.

I have not heard Saxon.

For Bathory, Hammerheart of course.

You would fucking HATE Saxon take it from me - if you think Maiden are bad take a listen to Saxon, even I think they're shite and I like stuff like that. :p

DisTortorous said:
If I could get some recommendations from people as to the best Gamma Ray, Saxon, and Bathory cds it would be suh-weet.

If you're interested in Bathory, buy everthing up until Octagon. Then
pick up this killer tribute:

In Conspiracy with Satan - a tribute to BATHORY!
You will be amazed at which bands are on this album :devil:

Gamma Ray does absolutely nothing for me.

For Saxon I would buy Denim & Leather, The Eagle Has Landed, or Crusader. They do have a best of out called Heavy Metal Thunder.

For Bathory I would get Hammerheart, Blood On Ice, and Twilight Of The Gods. You'll most likely run into two types of recommendations with Bathory, though: those that like the black metal style and those that like the Viking style. I fall into the latter...

Old Gamma Ray (with Ralf Scheepers) -- Sigh No More (classic power metal album without the cliches)

New Gamma Ray (current line-up) -- Powerplant

Get the Blast From The Past 2CD set for a real education (old & new) all at once. All old songs re-recorded by the current line-up.