Albums currently kicking your ass

covervpy.jpg

Most likely better than whatever you're listening to.

Been listening to The Spectre Within. Cool music, but I can't stand the vocals. Did Fates Warning release something more understated, vocals-wise?

Their later, more progressive stuff has a different vocalist who's more of a middle register singer. It's less heavy but just as great, if not better. Awaken the Guardian is a classic and one of the albums that more or less defined progressive metal, so once you warm up to John Arch's voice, pick it up.

As for me:

cover-chaos-big.jpg

Their later, more progressive stuff has a different vocalist who's more of a middle register singer. It's less heavy but just as great, if not better. Awaken the Guardian is a classic and one of the albums that more or less defined progressive metal, so once you warm up to John Arch's voice, pick it up.
Yea, I like the instrumentation on the album enough to give it more listens. Love the production as well. But I'm distracted by those seemingly pointless aaaahs. I'm not too keen on most of those faux-operatic male vocalists, they sound so unnatural. Gonna give it some more time, may grow into something.